Her Butler, Promise

I strode back into the room and sat back down next to Edward. He must have noticed my absence and welcomed me back. I thanked him and began to listen to whatever Elizabeth had been blabbering on about. "... so why not pink!" She had apparently been speaking about what dress I should wear for the party, and at the suggested color, I flat out rejected it. "Aww, come now Cecilia, you have always been willing to wear pink gowns."
That was because you refused to let me wear anything less, I thought, "That was then, this is now, and I refuse to wear pink." I stated, trying to be more of a lady than a child, now that I was the head of the Phantomhive House technically.
Edward then spoke his opinion, "I think you should wear a white dress. It would highlight your deep blue eyes." He said, not at all hiding his compliment.
I blushed, at a loss for words. Edward was so mature that he almost never stated outright what he thought. "Th-thank you, Edward." I managed to get out.
Francis spoke up, clapping her hands together, "Then it is decided, Cecilia shall wear a nice white gown and Edward shall wear a matching white suit." Both me and Edward opened our eyes wide and blushed.
"M-Mother! Why must you embarrass us?" Edward asked, shifting slightly where he sat.
Francis laughed triumphantly towards us and smiled, "Simply because I am your mother. Now, off you go, the maids have measurements to take on Cecy before tomorrow." She seemed overly enthusiastic about this whole affair, but I did not question it because I may have simply forgotten how kind and energetic she was.

"My lady," One maid, of whom I learned was named Sophia, told me to stand on a stool of sorts so she could easily gain my measurements. "You have gotten taller the last time you were here." She smiled.
"Have I now?" I wondered what kind of changes I have gone through since I was here last, which was only a month before the kidnapping. "Has anything else seemed to have changed in me Sophia?" I asked, curious myself.
The maid thought for a moment, wrapping the measurement ribbon around my waist, "Well, your personality I suppose. You used to be such a soft tone. Now you are strong, you seem to have lost your innocence."
I thought for a moment. Everyone has innocence at some point, but that is because they have not faced the harshness most people hide. Elizabeth still has her innocence, as well as Edward. "I suppose that is the wall between us." I mutter subconsciously.
"What was that, my lady?" Sophia asked, unwrapping the ribbon from my chest.
I jump for a second and look down, my arms going slack at my sides. "Nothing. Am I done?" I ask, looking up again.
"Yes my lady, I shall have the dress ready soon enough." She turned and walked over to the door, "Oh, my lord, do you wish to speak with her?" Sophia was talking to someone I couldn't see.
"Yes, may we have a moment?" A familiar voice replied. I saw the maid nod and heard her murmur an 'excuse me' and close the door behind her. A pair of arms wrapped around my form and I knew the warmth like the back of my hand, "Cecilia," Edward whispered, his voice somewhat sad.
I felt a tremble come on, knowing what he wanted to talk about, "Edward, I am no longer the same as I once was, but you are, please accept my apology." I said softly, putting my hands on his.
"I know," he breathed into my hair, "I came to you because I want to hear what happened to you. We are only children, but I may be able to help with the torment you keep reliving."
I stiffened. He knew of my nightmares, of my 'torment'. "Are you... sure...?" I asked. He was older, but may still not know how to handle my knowledge.
I felt his nod as he held me closer. He turned me around and I stood a little over eye level, looking down at him slightly. "Tell me, from the beginning, and how you got this mark." He brushed my hair away from the star that scarred my skin.
My eyes widened, "You are more observant than I remember." I murmur, thinking out loud. He chuckles softly.
He traces the scar with his fingertips, "This is no occult symbol, and even if it were, it would have been useless to sear it into your skin. I can also tell," he looked up at me, "because it's glowing."
"Edward..." I feel tears sting the back of my eyes. "I'm sorry..." I hugged him, hoping for forgiveness.
He embraced me again, "I think I understand now. You need not ask forgiveness, my lady." He grabbed my chin, forcing me to gaze at him, his green eyes dark but smiling, "You need not ask, because you should know that whatever fate you have created for yourself, I will share it, and follow behind you, beside, or wherever you wish me to be. I refuse to let you live alone, be alone," His voice broke and he winced. When he lifted his gaze again, his eyes were now glassy, "don't... leave me behind..." He gasped, cupping my cheek, "Promise me this Cecilia!" He was frantic.
My voice caught in my throat, and I couldn't help but smile. "Of course, my lord." I said, a single tear sliding down my cheek.
Neither of us realized that Sebastian was watching closely in the corner of the room, a small smirk on his face.