Spencer

Sitting up to a sunny morning, I hit my head on the wood. I forgot I was in a tour bus. You'd think that I am almost thirty-seven, I'd be smart.

I hop down the bed onto the wood tile.

I go to the small living room and see my bandmates looking down at... Ricky?

He's face-first down on the tile.

My heart tightens.

"What happened?"

They look at me, and Joe comes over to me. He looks straight in my green eyes and says, "Did you do this?"

I'm confused.

"What do you mean?"

"He's unconscious! Did you knock him out?"

"No! I'll never do that to a friend! You know that!" I'll never do that. What're they talking about?

I come closer and inspect my friend.

"Maybe he was drunk and passed out."

"What the fuck, Spencer?"

I put my hands up like I'm cornered by the police. "I didn't do anything!"

"Guys, let's just not blame him and get to the bottom of this. Maybe he is passed out and drunk."

I can't believe they would blame me. They woke up before me, too!

"Let's just get him on the couch." I say.

We pick Ricky up and set him on the leather. I sigh.

I look at the time on the clock on the wall; 6:50am. The sun is almost up.

I remember the cards the two kids brought for me last night.

I open the cards, narrowing my eyebrows. "Guys..., this card says 'They're coming'. What does that mean?"

I look up and see my band on the floor. I chuckle; okay, they're definitely pranking me now.

My hands are strangely warm.

I step forward, but then I am grabbed by the neck, pulled back into a chest. I feel a cloth that's wet over my mouth. My heart sinks into my stomach.

I scream, and then I feel more tired than I woke up.

I fall to the floor, my body going numb. I feel nothing.

I feel like I'm dying slowly as I hear, "We got them, let's go..."

Then, I guess I fell asleep again.