Time Flies

Ban and Raphtalia were back in the weapon shop as the owner told Raphtalia "You look different."

"I haven't seen you around lately. Where have you been fighting?" the man asked her. "The innkeeper taught me proper table manners. I wanted to eat like how normal humans do" Raphtalia said. "What's wrong with how I eat?" Ban asked. "Honestly, I was a little worried" the man said. "I was just leveling up" Ban said. "Anyway, she stopped coughing and is eating more than she used to. Isn't that right Raphtalia?"

"Don't say it like that! You make it sound like I got fat!" Raphtalia said as she now look like a full grown adult. "Who says you're fat? Look how beautiful you are" the man told her. "Yeah, surprise the hell out of me when she just suddenly started to grow like this" Ban said. "But don't let appearance fool you, she's still ten years old" said the man who is dating a thousand year old loli.

"Dude, maybe you haven't notice?" the man said. "Let's save that talk for later" Raphtalia told him. "Huh? Fine. Anyway, what can I do for you?" the man asked them. "I thought it was time to get her a real sword" Ban said. "We wanted to get some good armor for Mr. Ban!" Raphtalia said as she pulled his arm. "Huh? But we only came here to get you a sword" Ban told her. "That's fine, but you need to start putting a little thought into how you dress" Raphtalia told him. "What's wrong with the way I dress?" Ban asked as he was wearing his dark red coat.

"You look like any other typical villager" Raphtalia told him. "But I don't really care about how I look though" Ban said. "Did you already forget? You were hurt in that battle" Raphtalia told him, remembering the fight they had with the dog monster. "But it'll be better if you get a weapon so we can level up" Ban told her. "Mr. Ban? If you don't get serious, you're going to die" Raphtalia told him in a creepy tone while holding a new sword. "Why the hell are you talking like that!? Also, I already told you, I can't die" Ban told her.

"Right, every hero says that" Raphtalia said as she didn't believe him. 'This kid is probably entering her rebellious phase' Ban said in his head. "Mr. Ban? This isn't a joke you know. The wave is almost here. You should really think about your own equipment" Raphtalia told him as Ban didn't even know that. "Damn, I didn't realize it was coming already. I heard it would be a whole month. I wonder if there is something that tells us when it will happen" Ban said. "You mean they didn't tell you?" the man said.

"There's a church in the town square and inside is a big dragon hourglass. The sand counts down until the next wave comes. Once the sand runs out it will transport you to the site of the wave" the man explained to them. 'How the hell does this guy know that but I don't?' Ban said in his head. "I don't know when it's coming, so maybe you should look at the hourglass" the man suggested. "But before we go" Raphtalia said as she looked at Ban who sighed. "Fine, I'll buy a stupid armor so you can get off my back" Ban said.

"What's your budget?" the man asked them. "Keep it under 180 pieces of silver if you can" Raphtalia told him. "Wait, why do you get to decide the budget?" Ban asked her. "Good thinking. In that range I have some nicely balanced" the man said as he pulled something out. "How about this?" he said as he pulled out chainmail. "Oh, chainmail! That's good because you can still move well-"

"I don't want it" Ban inturrpted her. "It doesn't suit my style" Ban told her. "Alright then, how about this" the man said as he suggested something to Ban and Raphtalia. 

The two of them left the shop as Raphtalia said "That was good! He's going to make something for from scratch! And he'll even have it for you tommorow. And he threw in a sword for me too, one that even has a blood coating." Ban nodded his head and said "He's a good guy."  They suddenly hear a grumble as Raphtalia immdiately said "No! That wasn't me, I swear!"

Ban chuckle and said "It was me. Let's go get something to eat." They went to a restuarant where they order food. Ban had order Raphtalia the kids meal as she looked at it surprised. "What the!? Mr. Ban!" she said as she looked at Ban. "Huh? What's wrong?" Ban asked. "I am not a kid anymore!" Raphtalia told him. "Yes you are. You were so excited about it just a week or two ago" Ban told her. "Well, I've changed!" Raphtalia told him. "Sure you have. You know you don't have to pretend to be an adult. You know you like the kid's meal" Ban told her as she looked embarrassed about it.

The next day Ban and Raphtalia went back to the weapon's store as he got his new equipment. "So, what do you think?" the man asked Ban as he looked at himself in the mirror. 

"Not bad" Ban said as he look all over himself

"Not bad" Ban said as he look all over himself. "Ban! It looks so good on you! You look so cool!" Raphtalia told him. "Thanks kid" Ban told her. "The best thing is there are still places we can upgrade it. If you get the materials" the man told them. "An upgrade? Will it be expensive?" Ban asked. "Don't worry, I'll give you a discount" the man told him. "We haven't known each other long, but I figured it out pretty quickly after we met. You're not nearly as bad as they all say you are."

Ban was a little surprise by that last part as he smile and said "Thanks." After that Ban and Raphtalia headed to the church to see the hourglass to know when the wave was coming. "I've never been in a church this big before" Raphtalia said as she looked all around her. "I don't think I've ever been to one" Ban said. Two nuns walked up to them and said "Nunchuck hero, correct?"

"Yeah, I thought it was about time I come see this hourglass" Ban told them. The nuns led them to the hourglass which was pretty huge and covered the whole tier room. Ban checked the time where it said they only have twenty hours before the wave. "There's not much we can do with that time" Ban said. "Ew, gross! It's that nasty criminal, the nunchuck hero!" somebody said as Ban and Raphtalia turn around.

"Ban? You're still fighting in junk like that? Of course, what else do I expect from a criminal like you" said Motoyasu as he and his crew arrive at the church. "You know this man Ban?" Raphtalia asked him. "Yeah, just some dumbass and his whore" Ban said.