Episode 34: The Gentle Bell Ringer

City Of Flowers- Topsy Turvy Event Hall

Jester: Hello, everyone! All eyes and ears on me, please!Come one, come all

Jester: Hello, everyone! All eyes and ears on me, please!Come one, come all. Forget about all your work and worries for today, and let’s enjoy the festival. Welcome to the Topsy-Turvy Festival!

Grim: Topsy-Turvy Festival…? That sounds weird. Will everyone be upside-down or something?

Rollo: … No, he’s just talking about the participants in general. It’s the one day people get to live their lives without titles or status. The weak can become strong, anyone can pretend to be king, so on and so forth.

Malleus: Ah, so ranks are put aside for today?

Rihanna: Yes, that’s right. That’s why everyone wears masks for the festival.

Azul: I see. I think I understand the appeal now. You get to live as freely as you want today.

Idia: Ah… I saw lots of stalls selling masks, too. There’s a kind of romance to hiding your identity behind a mask, huh~

Grim: Whoa~! Everyone looks like they’re having lotsa fun, yanno!

Rollo: ……

Jester: It’s our long-awaited Topsy-Turvy Festival! But let’s not forget that it’s the “Gentle Bell Ringer” who loved this festival the most!

Grim: The Gentle Bell Ringer…?

Malleus: Oh, did you not know?

Grim: Nope, I didn’t!

Sierra: You didn’t even bother researching about the City of Flowers, Grim-san?

Grim: I’m not interested in anything except for the food.

Idia: I’ll praise your straightforwardness.

Jester: Oh my~ Is that a curious child I hear?

Puppet: Yup, that’s me!

Jester: Really?

Puppet: Yup! Tell me, tell me the story!

Grim: Th-that guy’s talking to a doll… Is he alright…!?

Rollo: What are you so worried about? That’s a puppet, and that man is a ventriloquist.

Grim: Ven-tree-loh-what now…?

Yuna: It’s kind of like a voice-over, and the ventriloquist does it all without opening his mouth, it’s like he’s speaking for the puppet.

Grim: So he’s just talking to himself…!? Where’s the fun in that!?

Trein: That’s the nature of the art. Keep quiet and watch.

Jester: Listen and be awed by the story of the Gentle Bell Ringer…