33

Jennifer's POV 

Getting the place to ourselves I was trying to keep my mind focused. Amanda nudged me and pointed to her notebook.

"Woman, grey dress, far corner" I read to myself.

I glanced over and smiled seeing her there looking a bit nervous. The woman waved at me once she realized she was being seen. I smiled, squeezed Amanda's hand, and went over to stand by the woman, letting her begin speaking to me. Sam pointed the camera in my direction, following my lead.

"Welcome to my home, seer..." she said softly, gazing at the cameras a bit unsure.

"They can't see you; but I have to ask, why are you still here?" I asked her gently.

"It's my home....." she replied, softly, "Can they hear me?"

"I don't think they can hear you..." I smiled politely looking at the group. Colby shook his head. 

"Do you know your dead?" I asked her gently. She smiled and nodded.

"Yes, of course, it's been many years, but it's my home, I need to protect it..." she said.

"Protect it? from what?" I asked softly, making the guys perk up.

"So many want to do rituals, bring bad things here..." she said. my eyes widened at her words.

"Are there bad things here?" I asked, making Kat grip Sam's arm and hold Colby back as he tried to come over to me. I had my hand up to him to keep him back so he didn't break the circle of energy.

"Some, but I keep them at bay..." she said, "I have to go... please be careful..."

"We will, thank you...." I said softly as she faded away up the stairs.

"Well, that activity was quick...." Colby said, softly coming over to me. the moment he touched my shoulders. I immediately felt the warmth and focus fade from me. He was always good about regrounding me after an intense spiritual moment. He could read me like a book. 

It was so strange how he knew what to do without me asking him to do it. It was clear that he loved me, it was more than talk. I was so concerned about why it was said if it was in the heat of the moment or if he genuinely meant it. It was clear to me now he meant it, he was showing it in his care and protection over me. 

I smiled at him, letting him peck my lips before we parted to join the group again. Once we returned Kat nudged me.

"You're so awesome..." she said.

"She is, I can see but I can't speak to them as she can..." Amanda said, "It's incredible... I could only wish for my gift to be that strong." Colby beamed with pride, rubbing the side of my arm.

"Let's go upstairs and do some flashlight work," Sam suggested. We nodded and headed up the stairs.

"Just be careful, she seemed truly worried and concerned about the bad things here..." I said.

"Bad things? like what?" Sam asked, a bit curious.

"She said people bring them here... maybe seances?" I asked, holding Colby's arm.

"Maybe we should ask them?" Colby asked, "During our separation time?"

"Colby, please don't mess with these things..." I begged him, "She seemed really nervous.... she's been keeping this place and the people who come here safe."

"You know that's not gonna work with them right?" Amanda chuckled, "It's just gonna make them wanna do it even more..." I chuckled and Sam and Colby smirked and nodded.

"I know but it's worth a shot right..." I laughed, kissing Colby's cheek.

"Yes but as long as you know it's mute...." Kat laughed as we reached the top of the stairs.

"Alright let's go here on this landing, let's get set up," Colby said. They got flashlights out and the music box arranged to point- toward the stairs in case any spirits came up to join us.

"Dude, this stuff is kinda scary isn't it?" Sam said once we got settled.

"Much more than normal, yes..." Colby agreed, nodding his head, and patting his back.

"You wanna tuck me in tonight?" Sam joked softly, leaning into Colby.

"If you want me to.... like back in New Zealand..." Colby said

"That wasn't me..." Sam pouted and pretended to cry. I just laughed. They were so odd, but I adored their friendship.

"Alright you two pull yourself-" I began before the music box went off. I jumped and backed up. that surprised me and Amanda to it seemed.

"Hello?" I asked not seeing anything or even sensing anything, "Lady Constantina?" No response just the music box going off.

"Whatever that is, isn't friendly..." Amanda said, holding my arm.

"It's part of what she was protecting this place from..." I said softly. It was negative energy suddenly surrounding us. Amanda took my hand in hers.

"Whoever you are, you're not welcome here...." Amanda, "You need to leave..."

"We didn't invite you into our space, and you can't come any closer..." I said.

"Ashes to ashes spirit to spirit, banish this evil," we said together a few times before I felt the negative energy drift away." Amanda and I released each other's hands and we refocused on the group.

"How do you two do that?" Colby asked confused looking between us. 

"It's a feeling, and two mediums or witches together are greater in power," Amanda said.

"So you're definitely a power duo," Kat smiled, nodding at us.

"It seems so..." Amanda agreed as we all took a seat around our circle of candles.

"We're here if anyone positive wants to talk with us, either thru our many devices or thru our mediums here, or seers as they've been called...." Sam said.

"We're open to all positive and neutral energy who wants to talk," I said. It was quiet till one of the flashlights turned on. It was a gentle flicker on. 

"Oh my god... oh my god!!!" Colby said excitedly. 

"Oh thank you... so much for reaching out to us.." Sam said.

Then the music box went off again and the flashlights began to flick back and forth. The lights eventually stayed on, the candles went out, and the music box FLUNG down the stairs, making us all jump to our feet, huddling together. 

"Every single time you're with us, cool shit happens," Sam said softly.

I slowly moved to the edge of the stairs to glance down at our music box, sitting flat at the bottom of the stairs. I went to step down a stair to try and investigate before I felt something touch my ankle and it sent me down that entire flight of stairs. It was a fast tumble but I immediately blacked out once I hit bottom. I had heard Colby call out my name and the other chaotic voices begin the second my foot slipped.

~*~*~Author's Notes~*~*~

Sooo I know how much you guys love my cliffhangers... so... you're welcome :D 

Now I gotta ask.... what do YOU GUYS wanna see for Jen and Colby? How do YOU think Sam's proposal (yes I haven't forgotten) go? Do you want this story to be super long and get into marriage and a family or what is YOUR vision for this storyline and these couples? Lemme know!

HalseyRae