35

Colby's POV

It was safe to say that our time in the UK had not turned out the way we wanted it to. We should've been on day four of different investigations but I was sitting at Jennifer's bedside at Saint Thomas' hospital.

She had been in a deep coma for four full days. She's getting fluids through an IV and was hooked up to a lot of different breathing machines and other equipment. Thank God for the UK's free healthcare system when it came to emergencies.

Everyone has been so amazing with her constantly checking in and letting us know every time something was found out. thankfully, so far they had found out that there was no brain damage or head trauma. But her body did seem to be in a state of shock. It was all just a waiting game at this point.

I talk to her every single day and our friends were constantly stopping in to see how things were going. Sam was taking care of the announcements on our Instagram and our other social media. Letting the fans know that this week wouldn't be happening with our investigations is what is important.

We had been talking about this week for so long that we knew that there were gonna be fans wanting to try and meet up with us. So we had to let them know that we weren't going to be doing any of them due to Jennifer's current medical condition.

From what he said there was a lot of love and support coming from the fans. A lot of the messages were saying that they were praying for a speedy recovery and for her to wake up soon. I had been radio silent through all of this my concern with her not social media or anything else. So thank God for Sam keeping up on all of that because I needed to keep my focus here.

Amanda sadly had to get back to her job back home. But we were keeping her updated as the news was coming in by text message. I was so grateful that she was in a room with two beds because I refused to leave her side. Sam brought me clothes and I was showering here in her bathroom. UK's rules as far as visiting hours or near a structure is the United States.

He was kind enough to bring me food so I can try and eat, but I wasn't always in the mood for that. This week should have turned out so much differently and now I was sitting here wondering if she'd ever wake up.

"Colby dude are you seriously going to eat something! Do you have any clue how upset she's going to be with you when she wakes up and finds out you haven't been eating??" Sam asked nodding to the food he brought.

" I know she'll be furious but I'll take her being furious if that means she's gonna wake up!" I said simply. I know a lot of people would say that this was obsessive but I loved her and nothing was ever going to change that. Not even her not returning that love.

Kat insisted that she loved me she was just scared of those feelings. And she kept encouraging me at the moment she woke up from all this she was gonna say it back. She just had a feeling.

Even though Sam said that it wasn't important right now I knew tonight was supposed to be his big plan to propose to Kat. I insisted that he leave this hospital and go get it done. It would be something happy for Jen to hear when she woke up.

They were technically supposed to be in Paris for that engagement but there's no reason why everything that was going on had to keep him from making this massive step. He insisted that it was insensitive and wouldn't settle well with Kat if he didn't know. I trusted that he knew her better than I of course.

I knew that one day I would be in the same boat. Stressing over an engagement the plan the ring how to pop the question, Everything. As everything was happening that ride to the ER her being in trauma and us just standing around waiting I knew at that moment I wouldn't be able to handle losing her. Ever. I knew she was it for me she was gonna be my forever, and nothing was going to stop me from making that happen One day.

Well, I guess the only thing that would stop that from happening is her body refusing to wake her up. But I knew with all of us here talking to her every single day and me telling her constantly how much I loved her and how much I needed her I knew she'd come back to me.

I turned my attention back to the food that Sam and brought and begin to eat. Sure it was cold by this point but the food was food and I was a lot hungrier than I thought I was. I devoured every single bite and made sure to wash it down with the water that he brought.

" Thank you Sam for staying here with me. You could've so easily continued with investigations without me, But she didn't. He stayed here with me and support me. you truly are my best friend!" I said with a smile.

"I told you back when we were in high school there was no way you were getting rid of me dude! Besides after all the shit that we've been through together there's no reason why I would leave you alone and all this," he said.

"I thought Bungee jumping, skydiving, and these hot investigations are scary. But nothing compares to the thought of losing her," I said taking her hand vac in mind. He gently patted me on the back and nodded.

"I know man but I'm here every step of the way," he said. I turned my attention back to Jen and kissed her forehead.

"I love you so much babe, I need you to fight, and I need you to come back to me," I whispered. I began to rest my head on the side of her bed.

Then I felt her hand twitch.

~*~*~AUTHOR'S NOTES~*~*~
Come on guys, did you really think I was gonna kill her off? Well, I guess it's too soon to tell isn't it what is it an involuntary hand twitch, or is she waking up? There's no way to tell Is there?

So where do we go from here? 💍? more 👻? So many options and so much time to leave you all wondering!! But I figured I have so many drafts of this story I'd gift you with two days in a row! If things stay flowing as well as they have been, maybe I can finally get to daily posts!!

And this isn't a paid promotion or anything but I can't thank Grammarly enough for keeping me on track with all of my editing. I was not the greatest in English and it's definitely been a huge help.

And don't forget to check out my other Sam and Colby stories :D

HalseyRae