42

Jennifer's POV

On the way back to the house Colby made a phone call to his mom. He invited her for lunch the following day along with his father and younger brother.

"This is going to be a big step," he said.

"I know right? we're gonna be telling your parents the big news and showing them a photo of their grandchild," I said brightly.

"Yeah, I still don't know how they're going to respond to it. My dad for sure is going to be completely shocked! I always said I was never one that wanted kids," he said brightly, "and mom is just gonna be thrilled she's going to have a grand-baby!"

"You didn't want kids?" I asked in shock, "Why didn't you ever tell me that?"

"Because the last time I talk to my dad about kids or anything like that I was 18! It was eight years ago!!" He said.

"Well, I guess that definitely makes sense. I just hope that you're totally cool with us now. I don't want you to ever regret, recent, or anything like that!" I said softly.

"Believe me babe after that dream, I'm 100% sure that we're going to have a little girl. I really feel like it was just a sneak peek into our future," he said kissing my forehead.

"So we said Samara do you have any ideas of what you wanna do for a middle name? I asked.

"I've always liked the thought of a girl having the middle name of Lee but spelled like LEIGH!" he said. Just the thought of that made me smile and I couldn't be happier. Once we finally got to the house, we hauled all of our luggage in and the first thing I did was pull out all our dirty clothes and get them straight into the laundry room.

"Babe, you do realize that something that we can just do later?" He asked, "It's not something that needs to be done right this second why don't we just sit down and relax or get a shower after that long flight!"

"I am aware of that, but you know that it will drive me crazy if I know it's just sitting there dirty I just wanna at least get it started so it's one last thing we have to do!" I laughed. He nodded and shook his head with a chuckle.

"Well, I guess I can't argue with you there I know you're a little OCD about that sort of thing!" he left. I sweated his arm and added the detergent and fabric softener to the washer. Once I made sure there was a little bit of water in there I added in the first load of our dirty clothes.

Once that was started, we both headed to grab a quick shower. The clothes we were wearing could just go in the hamper for the next load. It felt amazing to get on clean clothes and wipe off all that plane dirt. And yes, there is such a thing. When it's been eight hours on a plane you're definitely gonna be stinky and grimy from other people's stink and sitting in your own sweat. Those things get hot in there.

Especially after the guy we had sitting beside us and then the couple we had sitting in front of us. I don't know if they just went on vacation and forgot to shower, but it was pretty dreadful. And I'm pretty sure my clothes are still gonna smell like that dang plane even after the wash it was so bad.

I know I know I get it I probably shouldn't be so judgmental but if you know you're going on a plane for that long, you might wanna just get a quick shower before you hop on board with a ton of other people. I always try to do that as a common courtesy to those around us.

But it was very clear that this couple had to run 10 miles and then just hopped on the plane. And the worst part of it all is the couple in front of us went the whole plane ride with their socks and their shoes off. It's like a plane faux pas like the top one! It's the number one no-no when it comes to flying.

Thankfully, as much as I complain about it and as horrible as I think it was, it's nothing a good laundry wash can't fix. And it definitely made me feel a lot better after a hot shower. For now, all I could do was look forward to sleeping in my own bed.

After I finished my shower, I went out to the room to see Colby walking around the room and measuring things.

"Colbyt what on earth are you doing?" I asked a bit confused.

"Measuring. I figure when the babies are first born we're going to need to make sure that we've got a bassinet and the basics in here right I'm trying to figure out what kind of space we're gonna need and what area I can clear out." He smiled, chatting a few things down on paper.

"I mean don't you think it's a bit early to be doing all that? I mean we're only like 10 weeks into this. Don't you think that we should focus on getting to the second trimester and figuring out what Sam and Kat are going to see before we start measuring for baby furniture?" I giggled.

"You know better than I do it shouldn't be a problem especially as obsessed Kat already is with his baby!" he laughed, "I mean, do you really think that this baby's godparents are going to not allow us to stay with the baby!"

"That's true! And is that the plan to ask them to be godparents?" I asked with a smile.

"We'll, can you think of anyone else you'd rather have Is this baby's godparents?" Yes showing me the measurements he had written down.

"Of course not but let's take this one step at a time! You're in such a hurry and you're gonna get everything all planned out and then we're gonna be waiting for months for this baby to get here. Let's not rush this process show me let's enjoy the moment. That's the first thing that we need to do is just focus on our little baby getting here happy and healthy." I smiled.

"Right and tomorrow we tell my parents." he sent before sitting down on the bed., " it's all just happening so fast I still can't believe it. I just hope tomorrow goes well and we don't upset anyone."

I totally understood when he was stressed out about we had massive news that was going to change that only our lives but his parents' lives. We were going to make them grandparents. And of course, they were still in Kansas and we were all the way here in Vegas, so I knew it was gonna be hard for them to be so far away.

But the important part was, we were having a baby. And I couldn't wait to bring that sweet little angel into this world.

~*~*~Author's Notes~*~*~

Thank you all so much for waiting for the update I've been pretty busy! hope you're loving this story! I love you guys to bits thanks for all the love and support on this story :D :D :D :D

HalseyRae