03

Haseem laid in bed shirtless wearing a pair of plain dark blue basketball shorts surrounded in pitch-black darkness

The boy was on the verge of falling asleep before slightly jolting awake after hearing his phone alert him with a notification, the phone was laying on his torso faced downward.

Attempting to adjust his body to stay awake, he blinked the sleep out of his eyes then grabbing his phone. His eyes squinting at the screen feeling his pupils dilate from the sudden brightness. Even though his phone's brightness setting was turned completely down.

Cursing to himself, he sat up and stretched his limbs before looking at his notifications.

                    Bowlegged bitch 🧟          now
                    Open the door bitch

                              Riya 🖤 2h ago
                        Ft me bae, imy

Haseem laughed at Kentrell's message, remembering that he changed the boy's contact name a while ago.

Figuring he was going to probably call Soriya tomorrow or something, he cleared his notifications. Gently tossing his phone back onto the bed before standing up, he slid on his black and white Nike slides, not liking the feeling of walking barefoot. Then completely exiting his room door, switching the light switch on after.

Haseem lived in a small one-story two-bedroom house with his mother, who currently wasn't home at the time. She was working a night shift at the hospital that she worked for since they first moved to Louisiana.

Haseem's mother was a nurse, so she made a little more money than a custodian but less than your typical doctor. Which wasn't enough to provide for everything that the two needed, especially as Haseem grew older—in clothing, shoes, things he became interested in, etc. Once things started getting gets pricer in age development.

All in all, that led to Haseem to start selling drugs. But of course, Janell assumed he worked a normal job like most folks did.

The house the pair lived in wasn't the best. Although it wasn't the worst either, there wasn't too many complaints, but as always there was always a flaw or two.

The major flaw was: it was in the hood.

Haseem walked down the not very long hallway before reaching the plain white door, twisting the top and bottom lock he opened it revealing a gridded looking Kentrell who stood on the opposite side of the screen door. Looking down at his phone, this thumb pressing away at the screen with his other hand twisting away at his tip fade hairstyle.