07

Kentrell was seated in the passenger seat as his eyes magnetically roamed the different cars on the road as they drove alongside him or in front of him, while Haseem sat in the driver's seat not uttering a single word, which all in all confused Ke...

Kentrell was seated in the passenger seat as his eyes magnetically roamed the different cars on the road as they drove alongside him or in front of him, while Haseem sat in the driver's seat not uttering a single word, which all in all confused Kentrell a bit.

Ever since that day in the hospital before they fell asleep, Kentrell told him exactly what happened that day: not withholding a single detail. Isn't that what he wanted?

However, Kentrell began to wish that he held something's back, maybe even sugarcoated it, because he almost instantly noticed Haseem's mood dampen. And if his dark brown eyes couldn't get any darker, he felt as if they did.

Listening to his story, Haseem didn't too much physically react; like jumping up out the bed in shock or anger yelling, trying to leave the hospital to do God knows what. As unexpected, he just laid there...speechless.

Even though his blank facial expression was emotionless to the naked eye, Kentrell could see through that in a sense. He couldn't so much read his mind like he usually could, it was confusing to him.

So now they were on the road presently in complete silence, after Haseem helped him to the car, still not muttering a single word. Kentrell was bandaged up underneath his clothing from yesterday and given some medication for the pain he could possibly endure during the healing process.

Kentrell exhaled through his nose, pondering if he should say something to his best friend to see where his head was at. Though, that went unnoticed by the younger who was too busy in his mind while simultaneously trying not to wreck the vehicle from zoning out too much.

The boy couldn't decipher all his emotions at once, he didn't know what to do or how to feel. So by that being said, he didn't say anything at all.

All he knew was he was unable to drop the older off at his house, it wasn't safe. Who knows—pulling up to the house just to drop him off would have him ready to call some people he knew to come out of the woodworks to handle them, but he didn't even feel like dealing with all that right now.

On the other hand, he knew deep down Kentrell still loved his mother. He wouldn't want to ever hurt his longtime friend like that.

Ever.

Therefore, he was just better off dropping him off at his place, at least for the rest of his suspension. And if he prayed that God would bless him, maybe he could let him stay a little longer.

Making a U-turn onto 38 Chippewa St., the mileage on the car began to slow down a bit as they were now on a singular two-sided road searching for his mother's house, which made Kentrell slightly scrunch his nose and look around confusingly on why he turned on his street, and not his own.