Chapter 1: The Unexpected Dream

"What are you doing here? We could get in big trouble if someone found you here!" Enola said as Tewksbury climbed through her apartment window.

"I honestly don't care. All I care about is you, Enola. I've always tried to tell you how I feel but I was too much of a coward to say. But now, when I saw you with Lord Bridgerton, laughing and dancing, I realized then that my love was in front of me all this time and I didn't even notice."

"But what can you do now? Your mother and uncle keep trying to find you a good future wife. They're going to keep pestering you until you say yes to one of them."

"I will reject every girl no matter what background they're from. I only have eyes for one person in the whole world. I-I love-I love you, Enola. And I want to be with you for the rest of my life."

...

*Yawn* What was that? Was Tewksbury in love with me? Or did I just dream that? Ugh, my head hurts from all of this investigating. I better get dressed and go downstairs for breakfast.

It had been 3 months since Enola had been living with Tewksbury and his family at Basilwether and Enola had grown quite fond of Tewksbury. He was always bringing flowers and painting pictures, talking for hours with her in the courtyard. She'd been enjoying her time at the palace and Tewksbury made that time better.

"Rise and shine! We're going horseback riding along the coast for vacation. Mother said that we have to go and drop by London to pick up brand-new gear and clothes for the trip." Tewksbury announced, not noticing how Enola was awake and thinking about her dream. As Enola lifted the covers and got out of bed, Tewksbury slipped on the carpet and landed on top of her. They gazed into each other's eyes as he picked himself up and offered his hand to Enola.

"Way to go nincompoop! Now I'm all dirty! *coughs* And I have to take another shower!"

"Well you certainly enjoyed being on the floor! I bet you could've stayed there forever considering the way you looked at me." Tewksbury chuckled as he left the room and Enola was smiling. Why was I smiling? And what did he mean by "I bet you could have stayed there forever considering the way you looked at me." Ughhh! I can't deal with this in the morning!

...

The dining hall was silent for only the sound of the silverware was heard. After a couple minutes, Tewksbury broke it.

"So, when are we going mother? Enola and I can go to London and get the gear."

"Why not? Your uncle and I have to go and give the itinerary to the servants so they can take care of Basilwether Hall while we're gone." 

"Perfect! Well, we better get going. The shopkeeper will be waiting for us to pick it up."

Tewksbury and Enola made their way upstairs to pack their things and get dressed properly. But the entire time, Enola couldn't shake off a strong feeling that Tewksbury had a surprise in store for her.