Chapter 2: The Trip to London

"So, are you expecting someone to be in London waiting for you?" Tewksbury said as Enola was eagerly looking out of the carriage window.

"No, not at all. I'm just excited to see Edith and my mother after a while. Mother said she had a surprise for me. And a new case involving a very handsome prince." Enola excitedly said as the carriage came closer and closer to the marketplace.

"What handsome prince? Do I know them? I hope I don't because I might punch them in the face!"

"Woah! Slow down, Tewksbury! I have nothing in common with the prince. I just saw his picture when my mother sent me the letter mentioning the case. Apparently, I have to go to a ball with him as his acquaintance."

"Well tell your mother, Miss Holmes, that I cannot allow that to be carried out."

"Why? Are you jealous Tewky?"

"Tewky? I guess you've gotten softer since you've been staying with me for a while." Tewksbury brushed away a strand of my hair. I felt butterflies in my stomach as he pulled me close by the waist. The carriage suddenly heated up and I started to get hot in there. But just as he was about to kiss me, the coachman announced that we had arrived in London. Ugh! Will I ever get the chance to tell him!?

"Why is this so difficult to say?" Tewksbury muttered under his breath. I asked him what he said but he told me not to worry about it. We were going to a ball later that evening, so maybe he might say something when I show up with the prince. I kept thinking about what Tewksbury's reaction would be but I was interrupted by the shopkeeper.

"Lord Tewksbury! I have your shipment full of fresh, brand-new gear ready for you. Let me fetch it for you. Just a moment," the shopkeeper quickly got the gear and said, " My god, this must be a thousand tons!"

"Oh! I'm sorry! Let me take it off your hands."

"No problem! I'm used to carrying heavy shipments. We've got 'bout 1400 shipments this month and half of 'em have already been taken care of."

"Ah. So business has been booming hasn't it?"

"Oh yes! In fact, I've increased the pay of my employees because there is so much money left over. Can't deal with the extra pounds! Here is your bill sir and have a good rest of your day!"

As we were exiting the shop, Tewksbury said, "Huh! What a good man, always thinking about others' well-being over his own."

"Yes, but I suppose we should get back to Basilwether Hall. Your mother will be waiting for us to arrive." Enola exclaimed.

"But what about your case? I thought you had to go to the ball."

"I'd rather not. I've been to more balls than you think."

Well maybe, you should go to a ball with me one day and we could dance in the ballroom."

 "Maybe." Enola thought as they made their way back to the carriage.