Chapter two

☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎

A deep sigh left your lips as you caught your breath coughing a few times from running so far, you looked at the see-through bag in your hand and smiled even after buying medicine you had enough left to buy a small gift for your little brother.

You turned the handle to the front door and pushed it open having to use a bit of force, before turning around and locking it, you looked around and your mother was nowhere to be seen ,Fortunately.

Still feeling cautious you looked around the room , your body tensed as you heard footsteps coming close you hid the bag behind a sofa out of your mother's view.

"Why are you back so late, brat?" Your mother asked getting closer to you

"I missed the bus I got distracted and then I...I'm sorry.." you said trying to back away from her.

"You're, useless. I can't rely on your for anything , you're a mistake." Your mother raised her hand and slapped you in the face as hard as she could before punching you in the stomach making you gasp and fall to your knees.

You coughed as you tried to catch your breath your mother looked down at you and scoffed before walking back into her room probably to get drunk.

You covered your mouth as you coughed and once you had stopped you took a deep breath and stood up while grabbing the bag from behind the sofa before you made your way to your little brothers room.

-

"Big sis! You're back!" Haru immediately got off of his bed and ran over to you and wrapped his arms around your waist  hugging you tightly making you smile and hug him back.

He let out a couple coughs before sneezing and you bent down and felt his forehead with your hand "you're burning up." You said panicking slightly before picking him up and sitting him down on his bed.

"Don't lay down yet." You said walking over to the bag and bringing it over to where Haru was. You opened the bag and grabbed the medicine luckily a small plastic spoon came with it and you poured some of the medicine on it.

"Open your mouth, it's not one of the disgusting ones, I promise." Trusting you he opened his mouth and you poured the medicine into his mouth while he swallowed the first spoonful you put another amount on the spoon and poured it into his mouth.

"That should help you." You gently rubbed his back as he began to lay down feeling sleepy, you gently stroked his hair remembering something you pulled away and reached into the bag.

You pulled out a teddy from the bag "I know it's not that much but it's something that you can hug when I'm working or gone out shopping."

Haru's eyes lit up and he took the bear and held it close you chuckled and leaned over and kissed his forehead.

"Good night, little man." You stood up and walked over to the door.

"Goodnight, big sis."

You turned off the light and shut the door before walking over to your room.

-

you took off your clothes and changed into a vest top and sweatpants before laying in bed.

You went on your phone and looked back at some old photos. Photos of when things were good and everyone was happy you sighed and put your phone down screen first.

You wished so badly that you could just get the money you needed so you and your little brother could leave and live a happy life.

Just as you were about to go to sleep you remembered about what the salesman had said and the card he gave you.

You sat up and grabbed the card before dialling the number into your phone keypad once you pressed call you held the phone up to your ear.

"Hello,who's calling?" A voice asked

"Hello, you gave me your business card earlier at the bus stop."

"Do you wish to participate in the game? If you wish to Participate,please state your name and birthdate." He replied it was either a different person or the same man but he didn't seem to recognise you.

You hesitated at the voices statement but you were interrupted by your own thoughts by participating you could get a lot of money and that would be able to help you and Haru get out of this hellhole.

-

You stood outside on the sidewalk wearing your tank top and sweatpants but wearing a black jacket as an extra layer of warmth.

looking around you let out a sigh wondering when this person would show up, you turned to look to your right and watched as a van approached, you shielded your eyes from the blinding lights of the headlights.

The driver rolled down the window and looked at you. "Miss Y/n Yutsuko?"

"Um,yeah." You said lowering your arm

"Password?"

"Red light, green light..."

The driver nodded and you could hear a faint clicking and the back door of the van opened,you slowly climbed in noticing everyone was asleep just as you were about to say something when the door you had entered through shut a gas began to fill the back of the van.

Your eyelids grew heavy and you took a deep breath as the gas filled your lungs as you fell into a deep sleep your head resting on the side of the door.

The driver looked at you for a couple minutes, longer than he should have, before facing forward and driving to an unknown destination.

————————————————————————