Prologue

Warning: This story includes sexual assault, rape, rape kits, and depression. If these are triggers for you then don't read. Thank you!

3rd POV
A teenage girl sat on a gurney in a painted yellow wall room at the hospital looking pale, sick, and dirty. She had an olive skin tone with straight, long dark brown hair and doe brown eyes.

A tv quietly played in the background showing pictures of the girl and a man being arrested. The girl remained silent, and continued to stare blankly at the floor. A nurse came in pushing a cart with her "All right. Let's make this as quick and painless as possible" she says attempting to cheer the girl up without success.

The nurse starts by taking pictures of her bruises.

She then had the girl lay down on the gurney and prop open her legs

Then the swabbing began.

The girl cried, unable to help it as the nurse tried to quickly, but gently, get samples of the fluids that were on the girls body. Blood and semen were found on her thighs and inside of her. Sweat and tears covered her face and salvia on her neck.

It was no problem getting everything done quickly as she had plenty on her from no bathing after the clearly unwanted actions.

The nurse then took out a special camera and began taking pictures of the internal wounds in her uterus.

The girl fought the urge to kick and push the nurse away as she did the examination. The nurse continued whispering reassuring words to her and kept promising that it would be over soon.

Afterwards, the nurse handed her some pills and water "Take these then go shower, and put your clothes in this bag" she instructed as the girl sniffled and nodded before doing as told. The nurse took the cart and began wheeling it to the lab while the girl limped into the bathroom.

Turning back to the tv we can faintly hear the news reporter say;

"After going missing for two months, suspected runaway 16 year old Eleanna Swan has been found. Apparently kidnapped by her high school coach Mark Berns and held hostage in his basement for the entire two months before authorities found her. Berns is now being arranged for kidnapping, assault, and statutory rape while not much can be said about the case authorities believe that it'll be a quick and simple case. I'm Kelly Wheeler and we'll be right back to this story momentarily."

~~~six months later~~~
Bella scowled as she shoveled cereal into her mouth while watching as Renee and Phil talk in hushed voices about Bella's sister, Elena's, condition.

Since the kidnapping and assault six months ago the coach has been put in prison, but that wasn't enough to make Elena feel safe. Elena used to be an outgoing and athletic girl, but now she prefers to hide herself from everyone. Including her family. Elena only leaves the house to attend therapy, which she remains silent for the whole hour. She attends school online and doesn't leave her room, except to use the bathroom.

Elena hasn't gotten better and Renee is worried for her. Phil has been trying to comfort her and urge her to give Elena more time, to no avail. Renee thinks that they should move away from Arizona and go somewhere else to properly help Elena, maybe have her committed for a couple weeks in a hospital in California.

Bella perks up at the thought of Elena moving out and a plan forms in her mind "Maybe Charlie can take her" she says making Renee and Phil turn to look at her in surprise "What?" Renee asks and Bella repeats her statement with a better explanation "Maybe Charlie can take her. Think about it, Forks is a small isolated town and it's surrounded by nature which is supposed to be therapeutic. Elena can go live with Charlie and give us a break."

Renee thought about it and said "She could stay there until graduation, and if there's no improvement then we'll commit her" Phil nods in agreement while saying "That's a good compromise" Renee nods as she becomes more sure then she turns to Bella and says "You should go pack" Bella blinks startled and dumbfoundedly asks "What?"

Renee then says "Isn't that what you were saying? You and Elena moving to Forks with Charlie?" Bella's face turned red with anger as she said "No!" Making Renee frown and say "I'm not making Elena move across the country alone. Besides, it'll be good for you to spend some time with Charlie, and Phil and I can go on the road to work on our marriage" Elena's assault had taken a toll on Renee and Phil and their marriage.

They were exhausted mentally and emotionally from both Elena's PTSD as well as as Bella's latest behavior since she's been jealous about all the attention that Elena was getting.

Bella scowled and stormed off to her room, slamming the door on her way. Bella began pacing the room and trying to come up with a plan to get rid of Elena. For good. Then if it her, and Bella's face split into a smirk. 'We'll be completely alone, and surrounded by nature. Anything could happen. An accident always does. Hiking, cliff jumping, and an entire ocean will be at my disposal.'

Bella cackled as she started making plans to get rid of her sister. Forever.

Unbeknownst to her, Elena had heard the entire conversation as she sat in the dining room across from the stairs and behind the kitchen where it was held. Elena frowned as she took everything in. She knew that she was burdening her family with her behavior, but no matter how hard she tried she just couldn't bring herself to take that first step in healing. A determined look appeared on her face as she came up with her own plan.

'I'll get better. I'll get my life back on track. I won't let that asshole win, I won't let him continue to control my life' Elena stood up and went upstairs where she started packing her bags and called Charlie to tell him what was going on.