Chapter 7

When they returned back to the hotel, they decided to go swimming first before having their dinner.
     Hyunsik could not help but grumble. He is hungry.
      Minjoo noticed Hyunsik's mood. "Honey, Sikkie is hungry."
     "We will eat together. But first it's swimming." Eunkwang gave a mischievous wink at Minjoo.
     "You know, Sikkie gets irritable when he is hungry." Minjoo said.
     "He is always irritable." Minjoo frowned at her husband. "Okay. Okay."  Eunkwang gave in. "Sikkie-ah! Come!" He motioned for his son. Hyunsik did as what he is told. "I have some treats in my bag.  Go help yourself with those. Then you could join us in swimming then we will have dinner."

     Hyunsik looked inside Eunkwang's bag and noticed the snacks. These look more like Peniel's type of food.  Then a thought struck him.

     He closed the bag and went to his shared room with Ilhoon and immediately change into a diving suit.
    Maybe he could do some diving and look for some sea conch to eat.

     "Yosee?" Ilhoon knocked against the door of Yosee and Chorong's room.
     Chorong opened the door and let Ilhoon inside. "She is in the bathroom changing."
     "Okay. I will wait." Ilhoon dropped himself to the nearest chair available and scanned the room.
     His eyes stopped on a bed  which has an old worn out blanket. He moved over to pick it up.
    "What is this?" He examined.
     "Hoonie Oppa!" Yosee just got out in time to see Ilhoon with her blanket on his hand.
     "This blanket..." he dropped the blanket he is holding and his mouth opened in amazement.  "Ya..."
     Ilhoon turned to look at the opposite direction. Both Chorong and Yosee laugh.  Yosee hurriedly put on an oversized shirt over her bikini she is wearing.
     "Let's go join the others." She took hold of Ilhoon's hand and led the way.

     "Cheers to Sungjae-ah and Chorong!"  Junhyung proposed toast  with the young ones. Their group was divided into two. The younger ones occupied a table and the parents another table.  Junhyung ordered drinks  for their group after their dinner for a celebration.
    Sungjae is grinning from ear to ear.  He is already drunk after a few rounds.
"Hahaha!"  Sungjae cheered but his laughters turned into a cry.
     Minjoo who is seated just near them heard Sungjae and immediately went near him.  Here we go again. She thought to herself.  She had to stopped him before her Appa JB would notice him.
     "C'mon, Sungjae-ah!" She whispers in a soothing voice. She lead him to another table. Sungjae followed Minjoo's orders.
     As Sungjae and Minjoo passed by, Yosee could not help but stare longingly at Minjoo. She misses her mother terribly.
     "Hoonie Oppa! Please come with me to that restaurant across the street. I can't handle the drinks Junnie Oppa ordered." She fixed herself. Ilhoon followed her.
     Both of them headed to the response just across the street from where they were eating.
     Yosee chose a seat that is near the window where she could clearly see Minjoo.
     Ilhoon watches Yosee watch his Eomma.  Somehow, he felt sorry for her.  It is quite obvious that she is affected by her mother leaving them.
     "Hey!" Ilhoon nudged Yosee to get her attention.  Yosee turned around and gave him an apologetic smile. "You got any plans for..." He stopped when a sudden burst of light flashed across their faces.
     "What was that?" Yosee asked. She held on to Ilhoon's arm. "I'm scared of lightnings."
     Ilhoon frowned. It somewhat looked like a camera flash.  But he could be wrong. He looks up to study the sky.  Huge dark clouds are forming quickly.  "I guess you are right. Looks like it's gonna rain tonight."

     The group went back to their hotel early since it started to rain. From time to time a flash of lightning appeared on the horizon.
     Minjoo made the rounds to check on the kids to see if they are complete and safe.  She looked in on each room, peeked inside just to be sure.
     She dropped by Chorong and Yosee's room last as it is nearest to her and Eunkwang's room. She knocked and waited for someone to open the door.
     Chorong  let her in.  Both girls are still up . " you better go to bed." She said to Chorong.
    Minjoo turned her attention to Yosee who is in a far corner of the room . She is busy doing a video call. She walks near her and caught a glimpse of who Yosee is talking to.  Someone oddly familiar.
     She stepped back when she realized it is Himchana.
     "Eomma..."
     Minjoo stopped and stared at Yosee's back. "Yes?" Minjoo automatically replied but then she realized that  Yosee was not calling for her but for Himchana.
     "Eomma! I'm scared. It looks like there is going to be a thunderstorm tonight."
     "Don't worry, fairy." Himchana assured Yosee. "You go to bed and I will sing you a song."
     Minjoo quietly retreated out of the room as she bade goodnight to Chorong.

     The following day, Minjoo went to check in on her youngest son, Sungjae.
     She felt elated to see his son all up and about.
     "Eomma? Why are you up so early? "
     "Just checking up to see if you are okay. " she smiled
     "I'm okay." Sungjae replied.  Then he hesitated for a while. "Im a big boy now. You don't need to check up on me from time to time."
     Minjoo feels sad when she heard Sungjae. " No. no matter what you say. You will always be my baby."  Sungjae frowned. Minjoo gave him a hug. " so what are your plans for today?" She changed the subject.
     "I will go fishing with Changsub Hyung and Peniel Hyung. I think  Hyunsik Hyung will go diving with his friends. Hoonie Hyung will be in his room as usual. Daydreaming about Yosee."
    Minjoo then sat up straight.  A thought just struck her.
     "Did I say something bad?" Sungjae looked at her mother closely.
    "Speaking of Yosee...you don't mind me spending some time with her today?" She could spend the day bonding with Yosee.  That would make  her closer to her.
     Sungjae nodded his head. He gave his mother a weak smile. Somehow, he felt anxious about it. He would rather  have all her mother's attention. He  regretted saying that he is now big and she no longer needs to check up on him.