Part 1

Emma Peters stole a glance at the sleeping Damon Salvatore next to her. They had been driving for hours on their way to Kansas to be with Sam Winchester and to say their final goodbye to Dean Winchester. Emma used one hand to push a stray hair away from her face before she reached for the lever to roll the window down.

Damon stirred in his sleep and opened his eyes, "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just needed some fresh air," Emma gave him a half hearted smile, "go back to sleep, I still have a few miles in me."

Damon nodded and leaned back in the passenger seat before reaching over and taking Emma's hand in his, using his thumb to rub the back of her hand to comfort her. As they were passing through a small town on the outskirts of North Carolina Emma suddenly slammed on the breaks. Damon jolted awake and was ready to fight, he looked over to Emma for answers for the sudden stop, she had her eyes set on something, like a cat ready to pounce.

"What the hell..." Damon followed her piercing gaze, "Dean?"

The Impala was parked outside of a small bar, Dean was leaning against it and talking to a young woman in a small dress. Emma put the Camaro in park and got out, slamming the door slightly as she used her long legs to quickly close the gap between herself and Dean. Dean was still facing away from her as she grabbed the collar of his jacket and pulled him down to her level. The girl that Dean had been chatting to walked away quickly, she assumed what was happening was some sort of lovers spat.

"You son of a bitch!" Emma shoved Dean to the ground.

"Emma!" Dean seemed genuinely pleased to see her as he smiled up at her.

"You are supposed to be dead! Sam watched you die!" Emma yelled at him.

Dean laughed, "If he would have stuck around a little longer he would have known that isn't exactly what happened."

"Does he know you're alive?" Emma demanded.

"I guess so," Dean shrugged, "he has been blowing up Crowley's phone."

"Crowley? What in the hell does that cross road demon have to do with this?" Emma yelled.

"King of Hell actually," Crowley corrected Emma as he walked up behind her, Damon jumped slightly at the sudden appearance of the man, "you really need to accept that fact."

"Shut up," Emma spat at him, before she turned back to Dean "how are you still alive?"

Dean rolled up his sleeve to show her the Mark of Cain on his forearm. Emma kicked him as hard as she could in the side before stepping back over to Damon.

"I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told Sam," Dean stood up, and crossed his arms "let me go. Move on with your life."

"What?" Emma and Crowley both said at the same time.

Dean shot Crowley a warning glare before he turned back to Emma, "Look, I get it, you're desperate to feel like you have a family; but you don't get that luxury. Everyone around you dies, you draw too much attention because of what you are. I don't need that following me around."

"Wow you're a dick," Damon glared at Dean.

"You don't wanna pick this fight bloodsucker," Dean threw his hands up, "take Emma and get the hell out of here. Don't come looking for me again."

"I was never looking for you jackass!" Emma's temper flared again, "I thought you were dead!"

Dean turned and began to get in his Impala, before he could Emma ran up to him and grabbed his arm, ready to beg him to come with her. Before anyone could react Dean shoved her down into the dirt hard.

"Go find Sam," Dean ordered, " and stay the hell away from me Emma."

Damon rushed to Emma's side as Dean pulled his car out of the parking lot and sped down the street. He could see tears welling in her eyes, threatening to fall.

Emma stood up and grabbed Crowley by the lapels of his suit jacket, "What in the hell is going on?"

Crowley grabbed Emma's wrist and pushed her away, "Dean is a demon."

"That's impossible," Emma scoffed at him.

"Afraid not, that Mark brought him back," Crowley shrugged.

Emma started walking back to the Camaro, "I'll exorcise it then."

"You can't," Crowley informed her, making Emma stop in her tracks and turn around, "he isn't possessed."

Emma blinked in disbelief, "So that thing...is Dean."

Crowley nodded before he disappeared. Damon cautiously approached Emma, she was muttering to herself under her breath as she reached into her pocket for her phone, she dialed Sam's number and put it to her ear.

"Hello?" A voice she didn't recognize answered.

"Um..." Emma pulled the phone away and check the screen to make sure she hadn't misdialed, "who in the hell is this and where is Sam?"

"You can have Sam once I have Dean," the voice answered.

"Yeah, I can't really fill that demand, so you're gonna have to pick something else," Emma informed the mystery man.

"That's too bad, guess Sam will just have to die then," the person threatened.

"Good luck with that," Emma's eyes flashed a brilliant orange, "I'll have you strung up by your balls before that ever happens."

"We will see," the man hung up the phone.

"Damnit," Emma suppressed the urge to throw her phone.

Damon thought for a moment before a light bulb seemed to go off, "Bonnie can track him."

Emma grinned at Damon, "Have I told you that you are amazing?"

"Not today," Damon smiled back.

Emma pulled out her phone and brought up Bonnie's number, putting the phone to her ear after hitting send. No one answered.

"What the hell?" Emma put her phone down and scrolled to another witch's number, Rowena.

"Hello?" The Scottish witch answered.

Emma explained the situation, luckily, Rowena had a soft spot for the Winchester boys and was happy to help.

"I'll call you when I have something darling," Rowena assured her.

Emma hung up the phone and buried her head in her hands. Too much had happened in such a short amount of time and it was hard for her to wrap her head around it.

"We'll get him back Em," Damon reached for Emma's hand.

Emma stayed silent but nodded. Her head was reeling and her emotions were beginning to overwhelm her.

"Let's go get something to eat while we wait okay?" Damon suggested.

Emma nodded but continued to stay silent.

Damon sighed before driving them over to a small diner not too far from the bar.