Part 10

"Where would your mother have put Emma's soul?" Damon asked Elijah.

The word 'soul' seemed to have snapped something in place for Sam, "Holy crap. I've been looking at the wrong thing this whole time."

"So Emma isn't even in there?" Dean motioned towards Alice, who was chained to a chair and still out cold, for the time being.

"No, she might be stuck on the Other Side," Sam looked through his bag and pulled out a scrying board, a magical board used for communicating with the ghost.

"Since when are Ouija boards real?" Damon asked.

Sam rolled his eyes, "Emma really didn't teach you very well."

"Eh, I'm a crap student," Damon shrugged.

Sam laid the board on the bed and began to set up candles around the room. As soon as he sat back down and set the pendulum on the board it began moving; Emma, or something, was eager to speak with them.

"That's not scary at all," Damon stepped away from the board, "how do we know it's Emma and not some crazy ass demonic entity."

Sam shrugged, "Ask her a question."

Damon thought for a moment and then smiled as soon as he thought of the correct one, "What color cake did Alaric get you for your sixtieth birthday?"

The pendulum slowly moved as Sam read each letter out slowly, "P-I-N-K, pink?"

Damon nodded and smirked.

Sam turned back to the board, "Are you okay Emma?"

The pendulum moved to the 'yes' on the board, it continued moving, E-S-T-H-E-R.

"We know, Esther switched your soul out for Alice, we are trying-" Sam stopped mid sentence when the pendulum suddenly started moving erratically, as if there was some unseen fight for it, "Emma!"

"What in the hell is going on?" Dean demanded an answer.

One of Sam's books on the bed flew across the room as another began opening, the pages flipping furiously. Sam grabbed it just as it stopped before it could be thrown. The page that it had opened to was about soul switching. Most of the passage was written in enochian.

The room suddenly went still.

"Emma?" Damon called out.

The pendulum on the board moved to the 'no' position. Sam reached forward and grabbed the board, quickly moving it to a brightly burning candle and lighting in on fire before tossing it in the metal trash bin. A wild screeching fill the room as the board burned, forcing Damon and Elijah to cover their ears to try and block some of it out. As it wound down everyone was still on edge, not sure what had happened to Emma.

The noise had awakened Alice, and her wrist burned as she pulled the iron chains, "I see none of you were taught manners."

"Says the crazy ass bitch who did some soul voodoo with my girlfriend," Damon glared at Alice.

Alice shrugged, "I simply seized the opportunity given to me."

"That is enough Alice," Elijah finally bellowed in anger, "enough with this damned game. Switch back with Emma."

"I can't just switch back, and who says I would if I could?" Alice sneered.

Damon ran his hands through his hair and looked at Elijah, "Well you can certainly pick 'em."

Elijah looked slightly amused, "I always did like the strong willed ones."

"I can only read part of the spell," Sam said after looking over the pages, "maybe Rowena or Castiel can translate the rest of it."

"Castiel is running low on grace for the time being, I'll call Rowena," Dean said as he pulled out his phone, "its her dirt bag of a son that got Emma in this in the first place."

"Ya know, I'm pretty sure that honor goes to you Dean," Damon challenged.

Dean squared his shoulders, "Say that again bloodsucker."

Before anyone had a chance to throw a punch, an unseen entity threw a glass across the room.

Sam let out a slight laugh, "Something tells me that if you idiots waste anymore time fighting, Emma is gonna kick both of your asses."

"We should move locations," Elijah crossed his arms, "my family is staying in a home just outside of town. It will be safer than this little room."