C H A P T E R: FIVE

↳ ❝ Salazar Slytherin ¡! ❞

❝the first lesson i ever learned was to never wait for a man's rescue❞

꒰ 🌊 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:・゚

"Hah! One down, two to go" Clia crowed happily as she signed her essay with a flourish. "Trust Snape to assign three four foot essays when all the other teachers only assign one"

"That's Severus for you. He wants to make sure that only those who are really interested in Potions select his NEWT class" Draco said with amusement, looking up from his book.

"Figures! Ummm, Draco... would you mind looking through my essay? I'd like a second opinion before submitting it to Snape in case I've made some horrific blunder" Clia asked with what her friends and brother called her "baby seal eyes", holding the essay out for the boy to take.

Draco snorted but accepted the scroll. He was impressed after reading it. He himself couldn't have done a better job of arguing the pros and cons of using the horn of the unicorn versus the horn of the darcorn in healing potions.

"This is bloody brilliant!" he said, handing back the scroll. "Couldn't have done better myself. But where in Salazar's name did you find a copy of Light Versus Dark When Healing? It is rumoured that there are only three copies left in the world, but if anyone has one, they aren't telling. Father and Severus have been trying to find a copy for years. According to them, there should be a potion mentioned in it that cpuld be used to remove the Dark Mark"

Clia got a pensive look on her face, but before she could say anything, the door opened and Dumbledore walked in.

"There you are, my child, and already hard at work" he beamed, "Lemon drop?"

"No, thank you. May I aks what you are doing here?" Clia asked through gritted teeth.

She had thought the adults had put up measures that would avoid precisely this kind of situation.

"Why, I came to check up on the two of you, of course. Wouldn't want you to be fighting or some such, now would we?"

"Of course, not" Clia drawled darkly