revenge from a distance

The trip was a nearly eight hour flight. Who knew it could take so long to get from the Westchester County Airport to Seattle-Tacoma? Remember Forks is so small? The girls would need to drive the three and a half hours to get their new home.

And like the Westchester girls they are, they of course ordered a driver with their parents money instead of figuring out who could drive themselves.

Alicia worn with pregnancy hormones, spent most of the trip asleep. Kristen already began writing everything in her journal. She would document this once in a lifetime trip like her life depended upon it. She didn't get to travel much, and would not take it for granted.

Claire was snapping picture after picture of the greenery. She was scared of how cold it could get in New York, but apparently Washington was a whole different type of ballgame. Her parents would love the album of memories
she was putting together. They would be shocked at the pregnant Leesh though - they didn't know that tiny detail about the case. Dylan was on her phone, texting who knows. She was just excited to get away from the extremes of New York.

I think secretly every girl was tired. You can only keep up a fake smile for so long. This time away in Forks was a bit of a saving grace. New identities, new start. Time to be happy again?

.....

There was greenery everywhere in the open home. It was so new than what Alicia was used to, but her mother had signified that she still needed to get her act together.

Mi corazon,

I want you to take this time to cherish who have, who you hold near and dear to you. It will not be hard forever. I love that you want to decorate but some rooms are fully furnished. I think you forget that you need to rest! Keep my nieta (yes, she - I have a corazonada) safe. Stay off of your feet.

I will be there when you need me.
I know I've come across harsh. But I am glad your friends are with you.

Keep the plants inside for harmony. Water them if you're boarded. It will give you good practice as a mother.

Te quiero, Mommy.

Alicia chuckled at her mother's still sometimes broken English. She missed her. Damn hormones.

Then note was only taped on the back of the door. But her mother was not joking when she mentioned lots of plants. I just describe.

The walk up to the house looks very humble

The walk up to the house looks very humble. Stoned rocks, which Alicia secretly severely loved. Ever since her nanny read Goldilocks to her as a child.

That was only the front of the house, because surrounding that was an enclave of trees completely hiding the rest of the house from view.