13

Carlisles pov:
When Charles helps me push the Hospital bed with the sweet Girl in it, into the elevator i sigh in exhaustation.
„Is everything ok Carlisle?" Charles questions. His eyes shine in worry as he looks me over. If only he knew what would happen to all of us if this sweetheart died i under our watch. Marcus sure wouldn't be able to surviv another dead mate. Not only could this break out a war, i also would loose one of my oldest and best friends. But obviously i cant Tell him that. So instead i smile tiredly towards him.
„Everything is ok, thanks Charles. I am simply tired and Even more relieved that we were able to safe Adriana. She is way to young to go through all of her past, so i really don't want her to die now when she finally got away from her father." I tell him at least a part of my thoughts and worrys. His understanding nod makes me appreciate him Even more. He truly is a good doctor himself and does his absolut best to help each and everyone of his patient.
„You are right, she just starts with her life right now." he replys and smiles softly at a peacfully sleeping Adriana. Alone by his look i know that he thinks of his own two daughters. One must be around Adrianas age. The ding from the elevater pulls the both out of our thoughts and back to the here and now.
„Careful." he calls out as another set of doctors tried to push their patient into the elevator before letting is out. They quickly apologize for nearly running is over. So we simply nod at them and get out without anymore trouble. Thinking of trouble, i really Hope that Demetri and Marcus were able to cool back down so they wont growl around Charles, that after all would be very hard to explain. When we were infront of the door, it got opened from inside. Edward simply nods at me and whispers that the two where fine again, which I am truly thanful for.
„Carlisle! How is our sweetheart? Is she in any pain? Still in critical condition?" Marcus rushes out question after question. Obviously still rather worried about his mates well being. Demetri also watches me with teary eyes.
„She shouldn't be in any pain right now. The most critical part also should be over, but we cant be to sure since it was a rather hard surgery. We however are pretty hopeful as of right now. I think that after about 24 hours we can slowly start to reduce the medication again to wake her up." i explain while Charles and i readjust all the machines back into the room. When we finished Charles excuses himself and left the room, leaving me with two very worried mates.
„Is she really ok? Edward informed us on the fact that you had to revive her." Demetri asks in complete devastation. Since I don't know how i should downplay such a serious fact, i simply decide to tell them the simple truth. This is also what i would like to get informed on.
„That's true. It was a way closer call as i would like to admit." i sigh and see them panic even more. Not wanting for them to go of in their heads, i hurridly Lift a Hand up so they would let me Go on.
„Some wanted to end the reviving already, but i wasn't ready to give up on her just then. So we kept going and thankfully she finally came back to us. I however dont want to go through anything like this again, so try to tone it down." i say and see the heartbreak in their eyes as well as shame for nearly beeing responsible for their own mates death. They also quickly nod their heads at my last statement.
„Hey, there is no reason for that now. Just make it up to her, be there for her. She needs the two of you! Now more than ever, so stop with all of this guilt talking and instead get your focus on your mate." i add in the hope that they will do just that. At first they seem doubtful, but then they seem to agree.
„You are right my friend, we need to be there for our Little angel. Now even more so than before. It's the least we can do after frightening her this badly." Marcus says to a still slightly unsere Demetri. What i definitly wasn't expecting, like, at all! Was for Demetri to suddenly pull me into a tight hug while thanking me over and over again for saving his mate. Not knowing what else to do, I simply hug him back and keep on reassuring him that everything will turn out just fine.
„I am afraid I have to go now and get some blood to feed." i start to say only to be Met with four panicked eyes.
„You, you leave? Now? After, after she just got out of the OR?" Marcus questions in a near frenzy in fright that something might Go wrong while I am gone. Which, I obviously wasn't planing at all. Yet I understand their reaction.
„I am not leaving." i start and see as they both take a Deep breath to say something but i hurry and go on.
„Edward brought me some blood and left it in my office. So no worrys, i am only a flight below you and i promise I be back before you even realize the fact that i left." i say. Trying to stay as calm and collected as possible since that hopefully calms them down as well. Slowly they nod their heads that its fine for me to leave. When I however grab the door handle, Demetri quickly pulls me back once more to make sure that i truly only be gone for five minutes Top.