Chapter Four: Josee

Josee Mann, party connissour, the life of LA, made her way through the woods, consistantly murmuring about the leaves and sticks getting in her thick curls.

"It takes me an hour and a half to get these curls the way they are. Sticks, please leave me alone!" She ended up taking the scrunchie on her wrist and using it to pull her hair up into a messy bun. Practical.

"If I hadn't brought this twenty dollar scrunchie with me, I might have had to cut my hair! I get a pat on the back for being so smart." She attempted to pat her back.

She went for the shoulder instead.

She admired her reflection in a muddy puddle. "Gosh, I look like Annabeth. Awesome! Even with the orange t-shirt! Hah. Okay, where's Percy when I need him..." She observed the area around her. There's sixteen contestants... surely one will have dark hair and water powers, right? "Maybe he'll have a real pen-sword!" 

Josee spent the next hour looking for Percy Jackson. At one point, she spotted two people working on something. One had bright blue hair and the other had slicked back, black hair.

"Hades and Bluesephone??" She quickly got away from them. "No thank you!" As she ran off, Josee slammed right into something--or someone?

A guy with messy, dark hair stared at Josee with wide eyes. "Um- sorry..."

She stared at him with wider eyes. "OHMYGOSH PERCY!!" She hugged him. "YOU'RE REAL!"

Percy narrowed his eyes. "I think you have the wrong person... my name is Ross, not Percy."

Josee shrugged after the hug. "My names Josee and I'm still Annabeth! Sooooo, are you practically Percy Jackson??"

Ooh, thought Ross. Percy Jackson is who she thought I was. He chuckled a little bit. "It's actually just Ross Cho, sorry Josee."

Suddenly, someone jumped from a tree.

"AAAAAAHHHHHH OHMYGOSHWE'REGONNADIE!" Screamed Josee, bursting Ross' ear drums.

Tree Person shook her head. "You're not going to die." She brushed her short-cropped hair behind her ears and smoothened the black tank top she wore. "My name is Vanessa. Consider me your Athena."

Josee died from a heart attack and Ross was wondering why everyone was obsessed with Percy Jackson. Meanwhile, Vanessa was picking catapillars off her arm.