Part 4

The Pink Cat is a famous brothel in the Casino District. The place is known for having high-ranking customers. From gang leaders to those who ran the city, the brothel had a constant flow of high-paying customers. Winters had been offered to join, only to use the letter to roll a cigarette.

Parking outside the building, Winters stared at the neon sign of a pole-dancing succubus. Finishing his cigarette, he tossed it out the window. Getting out of the car, Winters could already hear the thumping music. He knew what he was in for once he stepped through those doors. And as an incubus, Winters had to keep people's hands off him. Checking a pocket watch, he had a few hours before he had to call Marley. Looking at the doors, Winters pushed them open, his nose assailed by the smell of intoxicating perfume, something used to give people a lustful urge. The loud club music filled his head; it was almost mind-numbingly simple yet addictive.

Pushing through the crowd, he stayed focused. He had to find the owner; only she could tell him where Montley was. Walking to the office of the brothel's owner, he gave it three loud knocks. He needed to get in there; this music was driving him insane. When he heard the door unlock, he did not wait to be allowed in.

The room was filled with sexual art, detailing acts of sex between demons, humans, and in-between. Sexual toys hung on the wall and lay on the floor and shelves. The room was perfect for the owner of a brothel. And the Casino District was a place of money. People win big at the casinos, then come here for a quick lay.

Winters closed the door behind him, locking it for privacy. Turning around, he came eye to eye with the succubus who ran the place. With dark purple skin and long flowing pink hair, she smirked at Winters. Her eyes were pink. A lustful gaze constantly fixed on whoever she saw. Her body was beautiful, even making some of the strongest people rebuke their oaths of chastity. She dressed in a tight leather top, thigh-high boots, and elbow-length gloves. Her pants did little to cover her, for, unlike Winters, she had no modesty.

"Winters," she lustfully said his name, "What brings you to my little part of the district? Care to take me up on that offer?"

"No, I'm here for Montley. Where is he?" Winters walked over to the desk, sitting in one of the pink chairs. "I'm working on a case, and Montley might have some information for me."

The succubus leaned forward, interested in his offer. "You know I don't do things for free, Winters. But I'll give you what you want if you give me what I want."

"Lizabeth, I don't have time for this. A serial killer is running around, and I need to stop it." Winters stood up, placing his hands on the desk.

Lizabeth smirked, checking her painted nails. "Winters, we have serial killers all the time here. So, my deal still stands. Help me, and I help you."

Winters shook his head, finally giving in. "Do I have your promise that you'll keep Montley here?"

"Of course, what kind of owner would I be if I lied to a potential employee?" Lizabeth tapped her fingers against the table, smiling over at Winters.

"A regular one," Winters snapped back. "What's the job?"

"A woman named Lilac wants to work for me because I offer better pay and protection. But she's having a little problem getting here because of her boyfriend and manager. Bring her here, and I'll give you the information. Do you think you can do that, Winters?" Lizabeth reached into her desk, pulling out a pink envelope.

Opening the envelope, Winters looked at the contents. Inside was a picture of a female vampire and a male demon. The demon wore a cheap suit, giving Winters the feeling this man would get in his way. These people often acted tougher than they were. On the back was the address for another club. "I only see a picture of the boss; where's the boyfriend?"