Chapter 6

Charlotte's P.O.V.

--Later that night--

When I finished getting dressed and brushing my teeth I went to my room.

I screamed with a hand clutching my chest.

"Angel what are you doing in here, you almost gave me a heart attack dude!"

"I gotta talk to you." He said ignoring what I said.

"Sure. What's up?" I said while taking a seat next to him on my bed.

"I was cleaning your room since your such a little pig." He said messing up my hair.

"You went through my things?!" I said ignoring the pig comment.

"Hey, no one else here cleans up the house. Someone has to do it." He said raising his hands in defense.

"There was no need for you to clean my room, that's my job not yours or anyone elses." I said getting mad.

Wait could he be the one who found my razor that I was looking for earlier? SHIT!!!

"Charlotte just cut the crap, can you explain why I found this in your nightstand?" he said pulling out something wrapped in paper and handed it to me. I opened it and I literally stopped breathing.

"I had a project last week and I had to cut out letters. It's hard to explain." I said lying smoothly.

"Are you sure it was that? Nothing else?" He said looking confused.

"Why can't you just trust me. I don't need you to be on my tip every single day." I said a little bit to harshly.

"Oh wow okay I'm sorry for caring then." he said getting up.

"No I'm sorry I just had a really bad day and I guess I just let my anger out on you. I'm sorry." I said looking at my shoes.

He comes up to me and hugs me tight.

"Is everything okay?" he asked still hugging me.

"It's fine."

"No Char. No it's obviously not if you come home crying and screaming"

I pull away from him and stare at him.

"I didn't come home crying what are you talking about?" Hopefully it'll sound real.

"Charlotte, I'm seriously tired of you always saying 'I'm fine' or 'I'm okay' when things aren't okay. I'm tired of you pretending that your fine. I'm tired that you think I don't know what you go through every damn day. I'm especially tired of you taking your anger, and sadness out on yourself. You think I didn't know that you hurt yourself? Yeah I might not be around you to be your brother but I'm not stupid ..... I know when your sad, or happy. I know that you take it out on yourself. I even know that Aiden is a total asshole to you, but I don't let him be an asshole to you because I go beat the shit out that kid because he's in my gang. I care about you Charlotte and I know a lot of things you probably think I don't know. It seriously hurts that you don't trust me but I also know why you don't. I'm never here because you know how I go to work in the morning? Yeah, I don't actually work I'm dealing with gang things that's why I'm never around. I'm sorry that I haven't been around for you but I'm trying to be around you more because your growing up on your own. Dad left with some slut and mom's never here she always 'working' but she really isn't she's just getting drunk at random bars and hooking up with strangers. I know you don't deserve these kinds of parents who abandoned us but I want to be the brother that looks after you and is always around you. I'm gonna try baby sis, even though it'll be hard but I will move us out if this hell hole because we need a new start." He said walking out of the room.