Chapter 1

Charlotte's P.O.V.

Pain.

One little word.

Four letters.

That has so many meanings and has such a strong feeling.

Everybody feels it at some point in life if it's either heartbreak, friendships, deaths, or even the smallest little things like falling down. The thing is that scrapping your knee when your a kid isn't the same pain I'm talking about. I prefer scrapping my knee instead because the pain only last for a while but this pain I feel inside is unbearable.

I woke up this morning thinking about pain and its feeling. I don't know why but I just did. After about 5 minutes in bed thinking about pain I got out of my bed and headed towards the shower. Once I finished, I through on some dark jeans, a black tee shirt, a black hoodie and my black vans. Then I headed downstairs.

When I was going to open the fridge I saw a picture that caught my eye. It was a picture with my parents, my brother Angel and me. We were downtown Chicago by the Great Bean smiling like idiots. We were so happy there. It was the most recent picture of the family, it's from 4 years ago.

I put the picture back, wiped away my tears and pretended I was looking for something to eat when I heard someone coming downstairs.

"Hey Char" my older brother Angel said to me.

"Hey" I said not turning around to face him until I got an apple.

"I have to go to work now. I would drive you but I'm not heading that way. I'm heading to Aurora. Bye."he said giving me a kiss on my forehead and walking out the front door.

"Like always." I mumbled to myself going up the stairs. I checked my phone for the time.

'7:00'

I have about 50 minutes till school starts. With that I went straight to my room and got my bag and threw it over my shoulder and went downstairs. I locked the front door and started walking down the street munching on my apple heading toward my favorite place in the world. SCHOOL!!! Yeah note the sarcasm.

I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realize I was outside Lake Shore High School or what I call hell. I made my way to circle drive and started walking to security check while looking down ahead of me.

After walking through the metal scanner thingy and getting my bag checked I started making my way to the B ramp.

When I looked up I saw the last person I wanted to see bump into me.

Aiden Black,

"Fuck!" I said to myself when I landed on my butt hitting my head on the floor.

"Watch were your going bitch." Aiden said walking away laughing with his friends.

Once he was out of my sight I got up as fast as I could and ran towards the bathroom and locked myself in a stall and went in my bag and pulled out my best friend who knows me so well, my little friend which was a little razor I had in case I needed it and today I really needed it.

I put the cold metal on my wrist and slide it across the skin on my wrist 5 times. Relief was what I felt. All I saw was the little blood bubble growing. I put some paper towels on it until it stopped and pulled down my sleeve and walked out the bathroom with a smirk on my face heading to class.