Chapter 5

Aiden's P.O.V.

"Get in" I demanded getting into my car and starting it. I watched Charlotte run to the other side. Once she got in I took off without waiting for her to close her door.

When she finally closed the door she took in a shaky breath and burst into tears and started sobbing uncontrollably. Aw fuck!

I'm not going to lie, this caught me off guard. Seeing her in this weak state made me mad and it made me feel bad. It made me mad watching her cry because some prick made her cry. It also made me feel angry because I know I was the reason she cries sometimes. I felt bad because I know I had made her cry like this before for bullying her and shit.

I held back my anger and reached over the divider to grab her small hand and gaved her a reassuring squeeze to calm her down which wasn't helping because she started crying even harder but I didn't let go. I want her to know I'm here for her.

Once we were a few blocks away I pulled over and turned to face her.

"Don't cry Lottie" I said softly bringing my hand up to her cheek which caused her to wince in pain and pull away.

This action confused me. I moved a strand of  hair from her face and that's when I noticed she was bleeding. The blood was running down her lip to her chin.

"Who the fuck did this?" I said clenching my fist and trying to not scream at her.

She shook her head and looked towards the window.

"Charlotte please tell me who did this. Was it that guy that you were running away from?"

She nodded her head yes.

"H-h-he's my d-dad" she stuttered with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"WHAT!?!?" I screamed seeing her flinch and back away from me. Great now I scared her.

"Why would he do that?" I said calmer reaching out to her to take her hand.

"I don't wanna talk about it" she said quietly.

"Well sorry but you said you would tell me so start talking" I demanded. She took a few breaths and looked out the window. When I thought she wasn't going to say anything she started talking.

"I went to my dad's house because he had to tell me something. We were talking about what he had to tell me and then I started yelling at him because he told me he's getting married to Katie, his girlfriend. So when I started yelling he started yelling too, so then I said something to him that caused him to punch me and which caused my busted lip. Then we started yelling and he started hitting me but I only shoved him. I didn't expect him to do this again.... I thought he was done with that." She said quietly letting a tear slip.

He used to abuse her? Like what the actual fuck? What kind of sick prick hits his own daughter? But why?

From what I remember he used to be so protective over her and she was so important to him.

Wait did she just say 'she thought he was done with that'

"What do you mean 'I thought he was done with that'? He used to abuse you before this?!" I yelled clenching and unclenching my fist.

She flinched.

"Could you just take me home? I just want to go home and sleep," she said avoiding my question.

"Not until you answer me." I stated turning off the engine.

She just kept staring out the window watching the people walking on the street. Just when I was about to give up and drive her she spoke.

"It wasn't the first time. He started to abuse me when I turned 14. No one knowns. He said if I told anyone he would send some people to hurt my mom so I kept quiet all the time." She whispered with her eyes closed trying not to cry.

"Is that why whenever I picked on you, you when have buises and you would wear jeans when it was 96° outside during school?" I said.

She just nodded opening her eyes and staring at me for the first time since we got in the car.

"Can you take me home now?" Her voice cracked at the end. She looked like she was about to cry. She looked so broken.

"Your so strong" I said while pulling her into a hug.

I pulled away and started driving again.

"I'm not" she mumbled for me not to hear but I did.

After 5 minutes of driving we arrived to her house.

"You really are" I told her she just nodded and smiled and said thanks and then went inside.

Charlotte's P.O.V.

Once I closed the door and turned around I saw the T.V. on. 

'shit someones awake, maybe I can try and sneak up stairs without them finding out'

So I did just that I went straight to the stair case and started making my way upstairs. I think I'll finally be able to get passed them-

CREAK

Fuck! stupid stairs!!

"Charlie? is that you?" Angel said looking up to the stairs where I was.

"Umm yeah hey I'm just gonna go upstairs to sleep I'm tired" I half lied to him.

"Can you at least tell me where you went?"

"I already told you I went to the mall with Gabby" I said loosing my patience.

"Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine" I said finally making my way upstairs to my room.

I went to my bathroom and stripped down until I was only in my bra and underwear. I was waiting for the water to heat until I looked in the mirror.

"You're so stupid" I whispered to myself while looking at my full size mirror seeing all the bruises and cuts and blood on my body. I looked into the mirror at my eyes and saw a broken girl staring back at me.

"I'm so fat and ugly why can't I be skinny and pretty?" I asked myself.

Then the feeling struck me, the feeling of need, the feeling wanting to feel something, the feeling of cutting.

I went to my room and dug into the drawers trying to find my blade.

"Where is it!" I yelled.

Wait someone took it because I always leave it on my night stand inside the drawer.

I went back into the bathroom and went to grab my shaver.

"They make it too easy" I said laughing to myself while breaking the shaver until I finally got the razor.

When I finally got it I put the razor on my wrist and started slicing the skin there.

"She got the whole world in her hands, she has the world in her hands" I sang to myself while cutting and crying.

When I was done I put the blade all the way in the back of the cabinet and then I got inside the shower with the biggest smile on my face when the water touched my new cuts and my face.