5. Secret conversation.

After you got home, you got asked questions like "how did it go?" "We saw you running, did you get them?" And more.
You simply told them that yes, you did find one of them but couldnt catch him and that you decided to just go back.

They were kinda suspicious of you and were dissapointed that you didnt succeed but they didnt say anything else.

You were kinda suprised that they decided to drop it and leave you be. Normaly, they would push you until you would tell them what really happened.

But hey, good for you. You didnt wanna tell them that you had a whole conversation with one of the turtles. They would've beaten yo ass or worse if they found out. They always say 'Strike when you get the chance' but did you take it? No. Instead of killing him on the spot, you talked with him.

If you were being honest, you liked talking to the softshell turtle. He was sarcastic and kinda cold, but still nice to talk to. You wished that you could meet and talk with him again soon. Maybe even meet the other turtles? You werent sure but they sound like fun.

You went to your room and locked the door. You had the key to your room, which was suprising, considering the fact that they always wanna keep an eye on you. Due to the possibility of you running away.

You just laid down on your bed and closed your eyes for a moment to relax and just process the fact that you didnt kill your target.

~15 min timeskip~

It has been 15 minutes since you closed your eyes. You would've falling asleep if you didnt remember that you had his number. You sat up and checked your phone and there you saw it, his number in your contacts.

He had saved himself as 'Donatello'. Simple but atleast you were sure that it was him.

He wasnt online but you still decied to text him. Maybe he would come online and text back. Or he would see it later and then reply.

'Okay.. wait- what am I even gonna say..? How do you start a conversation over text? Should I say "Hey Donnie."? Or maybe "Heyo, its me Y/N!" No... that doesnt sound good... aaaand I'm overthinking again. Okay Y/N... just text him. Its not that fucking hard.'

Donnies POV•

I got back to the lair because Raph called me. (Obviously)

My brothers came running at me and hugged me tightly. It was too tight if you ask me. I dont like physical touch in general, but this? Its a bit too much... they let me go after a bit and started asking questions.

"I'm so glad you're back! Are you hurt? Did you get in trouble? Do you need something? I can bring you something if you need!"

"What happened Donnie? You alright?"

"How did you get lost? You had your tech... did it break? Did you hurt yourself?"

"I'm fine guys. I dont need anything and I'm not hurt either. My tech broke and I didnt know were I was but I'm here now and I wasnt alone either. I helped a person out of there too so I had a bit of company."

They all looked at me with relief, happiness and confusion. Leo then asked me something.

"There was another person there? I hope they are okay.. they were stuck with your sarcastic ass afterall..."

"HEY! I can be nice from time to time! And they are alright! Thank you very much!"

'Who does he take me for?! I can be nice! Well that is.. if I want to ofcourse.'

"Yeah yeah.. sure you can."

"Ugh whatever.. I'm going i to my lab now. Dont disturb me!"