Both Idiots Know At Last

The further that Monday progressed, the more Draco found he couldn't focus on anything that wasn't Her.

The memories of their shared moments at the bar, and of their night together, had him grinning like a fool now that he knew he had shared all of those things with Her – with Granger.

My Granger.

"Malfoy?" someone was calling him. "Hey! Malfoy!"

He looked up from the report on his desk towards the voice to find the green eyes of a famous specky Gryffindor on him.

"What, Potter?"

"What's wrong with you today? You've been reading that same page for the past ten minutes. And you were smiling." Potter frowned in apparent confusion. "Look, I need your department to declare the Nott Manor clear of cursed artefacts and start working on Grimmauld Place. If you're sick and can't-"

"I'm fine, mother." Draco sarcastically replied. "We'll declare your boyfriend's house officially clear and start working on yours. Have you two decided where you're going to live after the Wedding?" he asked with a mocking smirk.

"The Nott Manor." Said Potter in a small voice.

"Lovely, we'll be neighbours then- wait." Draco suddenly looked at the Gryffindor, not a hint of lingering mockery in his tone. "You're serious? You're marrying Theodore?"

"Well," Potter seemed uncomfortable and a little annoyed. "He doesn't know it yet, so keep your ferrety mouth shut until I ask him."

"Holy shit, Potter." Draco was surprised. "I can't believe it."

"Yeah." He cleared his throat and added in a near-whisper: "I'll pop the question soon. I just hope he says yes."

Draco had a sudden foreign need to reassure his former arch-nemesis (who he now had to get used to calling friend), "Listen, Potter... Theo's taken you to visit my mother. He wouldn't have taken you to pass Narcissa's scrutiny if he didn't like you."

"Only there's a difference between liking someone and wanting to marry them, Malfoy."

"Yes. I'm aware." For I want to marry your best friend. "Well, if it helps... Theo's told me that he thinks you're it for him."

Potter beamed, "He did? Really?"

"His actual words were 'he's my chosen one'." Draco grimaced at the wordplay.

Harry laughed, "Thanks, Malfoy. I feel more confident about it now." He smiled briefly and then turned serious, "But, are you alright? You seem a bit off."

Well, I slept with Granger. Draco wanted to say, if only to see Potter flip. But he didn't, for he had already established that if the Saviour decided to send ex-death-eater-Draco-Malfoy to Azkaban, no one would stop him.

"I met someone." Draco said instead.

Potter narrowed his eyes: "Are you even allowed to do that? Aren't all purebloods engaged to their cousins by their fifth birthday?"

The Slytherin-style banter had Draco smirking: "Look at you, Scarhead. I could say Theo's rubbing off on you – but I don't want to have to burn my brain after that imagery." his smirk quickly died and he let out an annoyed sigh, "If you must know, I was nine when my father signed a marriage contract between me and the youngest Greengrass girl – but I've already broken that off."

"Right." Said Potter, returning his gaze to the report in front of him, making no more questions.

Draco welcomed the silence as they resumed working, his mind once more drifting to thoughts of Her. And he wondered: