Chapter IV [The Signal That The Harvest Festival Has Begun]

Episode Release Date: 29th October 2022

At Babyls Highway - Point 13

  After weeks of harsh and relentless training, the day has finally arrived for the one and only Harvest Festival of Babyls. Bachiko stood next to Iruma before he would depart. "We did everything we could." She said, "Your gloves aren't loose, right?" "Right." Replied Iruma. "You've got all your equipment, right?" Asked Bachiko, "And you're feeling okay?" "Right." Answered Iruma again. "Now, remember, you can only use two arrows." Said the master archer, "Only use them when you have no other choice. Alright. In that case... Bachi-go! Go knock their socks off!" Nice play of puns, there, Bachiko! With everything checked out, Iruma went off to Babyls for his time to shine at the festival.

At Babyls Demon School, Harvest Festival Venue

  With another event comes another opening segment from Event Coordinators Stolas Suzy and Dandelion Dali. On screen, it appears they were having a delightful hotpot. "Hello!" Greeted Dali, "It sure is getting cold out there, which means it's time for... Hotpot! Don't you think?" "Yis." Agreed Suzy. "All the ingredients around this time of year are filled with nutrients, and you just keep finding yourself wanting to eat more." "Oh, it's so good!" Said Suzy after taking a bite of a pink artichoke-like fruit, "I'd love to feed this to the students, too." "Hey, great idea!" Remarked Dali. "In that case... Let's have them go and get these! On their own!" Said the two.

  Today marks the final practical training event for the first-years, the Harvest Festival. In the Netherworld, where it's survival of the fittest, being able to aqquire food is the utmost priority. This event brings out the hunting instincts in demons, and the way their devour life is beautiful. Continuing on is a greeting speech from Suzy and Dali, saying their hellos to the students. "It's that time of year once again! The Harvest Festival!" Said Dali. "Yis! I've prepared the field again this year." Said Suzy. "Oho, that's out Diabotany Instructor for you!" Smiled Dali, The mother of all plants!" "Yis! I've placed a giant jungle behind Babyls." Said Suzy, "In this battlefield surrounded by a fence and vines, you will find swamps, rocks, caves, and much more!" "You will all be doing this exam on your own." Continued Dali, "Your tank in this event will be decided by how many points you accumulate from everything you gather!" "Working together with fellow students at times but then tricking them and getting ahead of them is the charm of this event." Added Suzy. "Everyone, let your talents shine through to victory!" Said Dali. Enough was enough with all the nice reminders, because it was time for them to rile up the first-years by a storm.

  Back in the Broadcasting Room, Dali seemed to be helping himself with some of the food on the table. Of course, winning at the Harvest Festival is a huge honour. Last year's winner was none other that Babyls's very own Student Council President, Azazel Ameri. Previous winners continued to advance in rank after their winnings, becoming prominent figure of the Netherworld. Even Balam Shichiro, Babyls Gargoyle and Azazel Henri, Ameri's father and Demon Border Control Chief. one of those. There are four entrances in the jungle. As an emotional reinforcement, Dali told everyonr to be motivated to advance in their ranks. And so it was that everyone flared in excitement for the day.

  Some students bought protective gear, some could only afford weapons, and some even had gathered data for this day. Accordingly to a Broadcast Battler member's gathered intel, this year's batch of first-years werr the cream of the crop for the event itself. This is Warb, a first-year of said Battler. Out of all Bet-ranked (2) students, three demons make the cut for combat. Before Warb continued, a small hoard of demons were running away from a small hooded figure, emitting a horid fragrance. This was Naphula the Silent - Rank Gimel (3), whose scent apparently makes demons faint getting too close. Since they were taking the second entrance, everyone agreed to stay away from said gateway. Then came along a brotherly duo, one short and one tall. They were assuming the first entrance is the best way to ensure their win. These are the Dorodoro Brothers - Ichiro and Niro, second-years that were detained from class promotion after skipping classes to hang out in the northern battlefield. Apparently, a rumour spread in their regard to participating in the Harvest Festival, now confirmed true to facts. This means the first entrance became a no-go, considering how dangerous they could be. They probably need more course credits, so maybe that's why they decided to enter the festival. The conversation was interrupted by a man with a tall masculine build surrounded by levitating books. He asked the three to be a bit quieter as he was concentrating on whatever contents his books contain. As Warb apologised, the man deemed it as a proper apology and accepted it. This was another favourable win, second-placer at every practical and written examination, Orobas Coco. Looks like the competition was really getting a hold on itself unhinged. No matter which entrance is taken, it's inevitable that students will face a grand dive of doom in battle against some of the best of the best. Then, Warb brought up first-place winner of the practical exams, Asmodeus Alice and Dame Félin Lavande; and first-placer in written exams, Allocer Schneider. He certainly didn't forget about whom was dubbed the Prinzessin der Babyls, high-achiever and desiring no less than absolute perfection. He admitted to have high hopes for the Misfit Class at best.