Chapter XVI [The End Of The Harvest Festival]

Episode Release Date: 28th January 2023

  With a direct attack defending his dearest friends, Asmodeus has been declared disqualified for the only violation the Harvest Festival holds- to not directly engage in combat with other contestants. That of course is inevitable, but otherwise noble of him as Coco was about to utilise Trauma again, which may also cause him to be disqualified. Just as he was being that close to being crowned this year's Young King, he all threw that effort away but it wasn't for nothing no matter what Coco tried to critise Asmodeus with. Angered, Lavande struck her shield at the front of his injured face with what appeared to be a great look down on his actions for the past few days. "That is quite enough, Sir Orobas!" She scolded with a voice lowered by an octave, "How disgraceful, wanting to compete fairly all to let the Sin of Envy consume a heart longing for admiration after all the words and whispers carried by winds and tongues. Condemning all that perceives most noble, it is the venom of His Amcestral Majesty that has come to possess that once pure soul of yours whilst all of us inhabit the ends of Hell itself. Sir Asmodeus surely had never made it here all for naught." "Felìn-sama is utmost correct, as I have no regrets." Concured Asmodeus, "My ambition... is to be Iruma-sama's halberd! So will Felìn-sama be of the same guardianship to the Prinzessin der Babyls herself! I care not if I have forfeit. If you dare lay a finger on either one of them or any member of the Misfit Class ever again, I'll track you down immediately from the forfeiters' tent and lop of your head. Remember that." The two aristocrats left Coco in shambles with their words just before Shichiro told Asmodeus to head to the forfeiters' tent.

  Before he could leave under the lead of a Demonitor, Clara and Iruma held the hem of his white coat. It seemed clear that those little ones didn't want Asmodeus to leave the competition, knowing what he did was to protect them. But it's like he said himself having no regrets in what he did as he did what he was supposed to do as Iruma's halberd. Given that Asmodeus was already a Daleth-ranked demon (4), there was no need for him to remain in the festival as he lifted Iruma's spirits by saying the only one's wearing the Young King's crown were him and his sister. This made the other feel reassured, even while Lavande remained in the rest of the day. Clara was simply happy that they were back together after being away from each other since the beginning of the festival. Everyone in this circle of friends equally worked hard to make it this far, and thankfully Iruma's leg injury has healed at this stage. He looked over at his hooded and unidentified sister with a smile, she tried to feel the same way about being reunited with her beloved friends but somehow looked sort of pale beneath the mask.

  All was fun reuniting until the Demonitor had to remind Asmodeus to head to the forfeiters' tent. But that didn't stop him from inviting the grouo for a celebration party at his place once the festival ends and that was indeed a promise. Unfortunately, it looked as though someone's unable to join in. "Asmodeus, as much as I appreciate it, I'm afraid... I must decline the invitation." Said the hooded contestant. Asmodeus looked at her with confusion, wondering if he had seen her before until he spotted the red and blue eyes under her hood's dark shadow. "Oh, Ryūko-sama, is that you?" He asked, "If you're unable to be of any arrival, please do take your time away from the Harvest Festival. I will not pry into any reasons you may hide away." "That much is well appreciated, and allow me to compensate you someday, my friend." Replied Ryūko. Clara was also confused, but decided to take a peak to be sure of Ryūko's identity. "Eh? That's really you, Ryūko-chi?" She peeped, "Are you sure about not coming to the party? What happened to being back together?" This caused an unusual reaction to occur as Ryūko pulled herself away, much to everyone's attention that something went wrong for her too deeply. "When I said I won't attend, I mean what I said!" She yelled from the top of her lung, almost as if she was at gunpoint, "Is it that hard for anyone to understand?!" Realising her mistake, Clara backed away to give Ryūko some breathing space while Lavande handed over a small basket of calming herbs for her personal use. The former apologised for getting too curious, but something might have stopped Ryūko from noticing that her green-haired gremlin friend was simply excited and happy to see her after so long. Was it the illusion replaying into her mind, or could there be something worse behind the mask as she played the role of Prinzessin? Whatever it is, she found it best to never speak of anything related to it. "I... I truly... do apologise... for the outburst..." Said Ryūko with disappointment and remorse laced around her delicate voice, "But... really I'm not at the best place in my mind... to mingle with you all, even if I wanted to." "Onē-chan... Don't force yourself to go anywhere if you feel unwell." Said Iruma. "Whatever bothers you, please do look after yourself, Ryūko-sama." Supported Asmodeus. "I'll give you this doll for comfort." Handed Clara over a cute doll of a familiar face. "Those calming herbs would do you wonders, M'lady." Guided Lavande, "May the blessings of diabotany's monarchs bring serenity back to your heart." The whole group threw themselves in for a cuddle bundle surrounding the broken soul, who seemed at ease but only for a while. After a while, Asmodeus had to make his way to his destination after the fourth final day of the Harvest Festival.