Chapter Thirteen

Don't forget to add this book to your library so you get notifications when it is updated! 

•••

My eyes were still locked on his face. My eyes studied him. He had slight stubble, a defined jaw, short blondish-brownish messy hair, and dark brown eyes. I could feel his gaze shift from my face to meet Cora's behind me.

"Hey cuz," Oliver greeted with a smirk appearing on his face. "Why wouldn't I be here?" He asked which made Cora let out a huff.

I shifted my head to look at Cora, whose lips were pressed together in annoyance, and then looked back at him again. "Why Oliver?" She tried again, "Why are you here? You never turn up to these things when you are in town."

I felt awkward being in the middle of their exchange especially as Oliver still held my arms firmly in his hands. I wasn't sure if he knew he was still holding them or not. I gently placed my hands on top of his big ones and carefully pried them off my arms.

His head dropped and his eyes met mine again. "Sorry love, my bad" He mumbled as a tint of pink flashed across his cheeks. I wasn't sure if it was the flames from the bonfire we were standing near or if he was embarrassed about having his hands on me for so long without realising.

He dropped his hands from my arms and stuffed them in his pockets. He stepped around me to face Cora. "I was invited by Chris. He said that he and his brother are coming later." He stated.

"Oh... okay then." She said, her voice trailing off. I looked at Cora, confused as to why it was so bad that he was there. She looked at me and gave a look that said I'll explain later. Cora walked over to me and linked her arm through mine. "Ally, well, this is Oliver... my cousin... the one I told you about." She stated pointing at her cousin with the hand that wasn't through my arm, Oliver lifted an eyebrow at the last comment, "...And this is Mase. He goes to school with us." She concluded with a big smile appearing on her face. She motioned to the other guy who had arrived with Oliver. He was shorter than Oliver, he had black hair and a smaller build.

I smiled at them. "It's nice to meet the both of you."

Oliver nodded his head in reply but avoided eye contact, he was busy staring at a couple that had just walked down the path and past the sand dunes. I could just see the guy throwing his arm around the girl's shoulder pulling her in closer.

"It's nice to finally meet you too, Ally." Mase said, "You are totally going to love living here." He added warmly, his voice full of optimism.

"It's been great so far, everyone has been so nice and making me feel so welcomed," I answered honestly, my eyes following Oliver as he mumbled a bye and walked towards the pair.

My eyes met Mase's again and I gave him a smile. It was the truth, Cora, Mrs. Webber, Marcus, and even Noah had made this transition into a new town, a new home bearable. It was such a big change from my previous homes.

He nodded and grinned. "That's great, Ally, the people here are the best part of Swansea."

I felt Cora nod beside me in agreement. "It's the people that make the town what it is."

"Hey, Ally! Come sit over here with us!" Harper yelled grabbing my attention, she had a big grin plastered on her face. She patted at the space on the log that she had sat down on.

I hadn't noticed, but in the time that I was being introduced to the guys, Harper, Kay, and Darrell had moved from where we were standing to sit on the scattered logs around the bonfire. Darrell was sitting opposite the girls and was talking to a couple of guys on another log, and Kay was standing just behind Harper, speaking intently on her cell phone.