~Chapter 5~

"Helaena will be back shortly. She often gets distracted when with her dragon." Viserys spoke.

 "Aemond! Won't you show Aelara to her chambers, Your mother has a small council meeting to attend to."

"Yes, I must be going now." Alicent said turning to Aelara, she held her folded hands and said. "We shall speak at dinner, I want to learn about your time at Casterly rock... Lady Johanna." and with that, she was gone and her father Otto with her. 

Viserys then began coughing, leaning heavily on his walking stick. Aelara lunged forward to help her uncle, at the same time Aemond placed a reassuring hand on his back and arm. His hand brushing Aelaras sending a jolt of butterflies straight to her stomach. 

Viserys muttered, "I am fine, I just need to rest." as a guard helped him up the stairs of the castle. 

Aelara was left with Aemond as Aegon had already made his way back into the castle. 

She turned to Johanna who was ordering squires and servants to unload the chests of Aelras belongings as they needed to continue their journey to Storms End. 

"Johanna." Aelara spoke gaining the woman's attention. 

"My dear we shall arrange for many visits if your stay here is extended." she said eyeing Aemond who stood behind her. 

Aelara bent down to Tyshara who was holding her mothers skirts. 

"Do you have to go" her young, melodic voice whined. 

"I shall see you very soon." Aelara said, and just as the words left her lips the young girl had flung her arms around her neck hugging her tightly. 

Johanna placed a hand on her daughters shoulder signalling her to step back. Aelara then looked towards Johanna who had been a motherly figure in her life for the past six years, and embraced her tightly. "We shall see each other again very soon" the older woman whispered. Aelara sniffled and tears threatened to spill, as Johanna rubbed her back. 

After many moments the two women stepped back and the Lady of the House Lannister and her eldest daughter entered their carriage closing the door behind them. 

Aelara then turned back to Aemond who was standing with his arms folded behind his back. 

"Come now princess, Your belongings will be sent up shortly". Aemond said with an arm outstretched. Aelara took it as he lead her into the castle. 

The walk was quiet, only when the pair had reached the door to Aelaras chambers did she speak. "you've grown up." 

his only response was a soft "Hmm", but after a moment of contemplation he said "So have you princess" 

The two of them walked into her rooms which were at least twice the size of her chambers at Casterly Rock. 

"Helaena will be over shortly and your handmaiden is being shown around the castle. I would suggest getting some rest before dinner." 

Aelara looked up at Aemond who was standing only a few paces from the door. 

"Thank you" she said her voice like smooth honey. 

With that Aemond turned and walked to the door, pausing before leaving the room obviously contemplating something, but then walking out of the chambers at a brisk pace. 

Aelara didn't bother changing out of her dress before closing the door and falling asleep on the ginormous bed, with black and red covers, detailed with embroidered dragons. 

Aelara found sleep easily dreaming of dragons soaring across vast oceans.