Assembly

Y/ns Pov
We had an Assembly today and I saw Eleanor talking to Carissa, but when she walked away, I followed Eleanor and sat beside her.

"Oh, h-hi" she says smiling.

"We have an announcement from your senior class president, Max Broussard " he said, walking away from the microphone, letting Max have access to it. Everyone was clapping exept for Drea and my sister... and me.

"Rosehill! Yeah! Thank you! Thank you!" They finally stop clapping.

"Oh, it feels so good to be back" Max started but a girl interrupted
"WE LOVE YOU MAX!" She said quickly.

"Oh come on. Stop, stop. Thank you though. Thank you. I appreciate you" Max thanked her

'Get to the point' I whispered to myself and Eleanor whispered back ,"Seriously, hurry up" I smile and look at her, so does she.

"Um.... Now this year, uh, this is gonna be such a great year. But before we get started, I was hoping maybe I could get personal fir a minute" he said.

I look over at my sister, and she looks up from her book, at me.

"Last year, my intimate exchanges made their way into the world. It was a violation to my privacy. To be honest, I'm still recovering, but it really made me get in touch with myself, and I realised that... " he paused for a moment

"Actually....... Actually, Drea Torres, could you stand, please? Please. Could you stand? Please?" He continued.

I look at Eleanor and she looks at me, then we both look back to see Drea standing up.

"Dre, I just want to say how sorry I am for what happened to you last year. And to anyone of you who watched, or shared that video, I sincerely hope you take the timeto examine why you did that. So Dre, it's in your honour that I'm founding a new club, the Cis Hetero Men Championing Female-Identifiying Students League"

Is he serious?

"Now, it is for all men at Rosehill who want to do better. Be allies. Thank you!" He finishes as everyone cheers.

I feel bad for Drea.
I look at Eleanor and she's not clapping either. She gets up and I stay here, as I feel like I shouldn't get involved