CHAPTER 28: At any Cost

Hi, y'all!!

How are you doing? Hope you are healthy and happy. .... :)

----------------------------------

Jungkook was now in his office again. He didn't want Jin to get distracted from his company because of him so he decided to join the office again. Jungkook was trying his best to focus on his work to distract himself from his thoughts, but the event that happened in the morning kept running in his mind like a broken record.

Flashback (morning)

Jungkook got out of his house, his car keys dangling in his hand, he was heading to his office dressed in his office suit and a bag on his shoulder when suddenly someone stopped him. It was Taehyung again, he was standing near the entrance of his house and probably waiting for him.

Jungkook decided to ignore him as he walked past him, not even glancing at him for once. Taehyung followed him.

"Jungkook! Jungkook please listen to me at least for once!" he pleaded while desperately following Jungkook who was rapidly walking towards his car. Taehyung kept trying but the younger refused to even acknowledge his existence. Jungkook soon reached his car and got onto the driver's seat and shut the door on the elder's face.

Taehyung didn't lose hope he kept knocking on the glass window of his car but Jungkook didn't look at him and drove pass him. Due to sudden jerk of the car, Taehyung fell on the road, Jungkook glanced at him through peripheral mirror. Taehyung was looking at the ground, eyes swelled up with tears of regret and he was babbling something, probably cursing himself. He looked up again at Jungkook's car but he didn't stop the car for him and went away.

Flashback end

Jungkook felt bad for the way he treated Taehyung but what he did to him, he deserved that. Jungkook is just too naive to feel everyone's pain while they don't care about him. Yes. Jungkook shook away his thoughts focusing on his computer screen again. He didn't wanted to think about Taehyung and his past again and end up having an emotional breakdown in front of his colleagues.

Everything was calm and serene in the Kim's Pharma building when everyone in the reception gasped seeing the CEO of APharma, Kim Taehyung entering the building. Everyone's eyes went wide and they started whispering among each other, what was the CEO doing in the company building of his rival?

Everyone was too stunned to speak. Taehyung went to the receptionist counter and asked her where was the research compiler branch knowing very well that Jungkook worked there. The receptionist hesitantly told him and he straight went towards the lift ignoring all the stares and whispers.

 On the other hand, the receptionist informed Jin about Taehyung's arrival via phone line. As soon as Jin heard that, his blood started boiling in anger.

Taehyung barged through the door of research compiler branch and everyone gasped. Jungkook also looked above from his computer out of curiosity when his eyes widened as saucers on seeing his husband coming through the doors towards him. Jungkook immediately got up from his place, thinking of a way out of this situation.

As soon as Taehyung reaches in front of Jungkook, Jungkook backs away in fear, his forehead sweating and eyes teared up.

"Jungkook listen, I'm asking you to listen to me for just once please, let me explain my stance" Taehyung pleaded to him in front of all the employees.

Jungkook crossed his arms over his chest in fear of being hit again, he was paranoid, can't blame him. Taehyung's heart ached seeing how much Jungkook had started fearing him.