↳ ix. DRAGONESS OF HEARTS

SEASON 1
EPISODE 8: THE LORDS OF THE TIDE
—HOUSE OF THE DRAGON—

HEAVY IS THE CROWN

_________________

KINGSLANDING

|| THE DARLING MOMENT SHARED BETWEEN THE YOUNG PRINCESS AND PRINCE WAS INTERRUPTED—- quite much to Jacaerys's displeasure. The young prince lusted for the touch to last an eternity. For her eyes to lay upon his with that glint of hope to sparkle—one often hidden behind a darkness. The tension between him was palpable, hinting at an underlying enmity.

But upon her guard scrambling in hast through the grant doors, his armor of silver and green, makes rhymes through the hall. Vyselyra Instinctively shoves Jacaerys away. Her face twisting with grimace, merely not because of the guard; but as if it told a story of a hatred remembered.

Both flickered glances between another, the moment before dawned upon both —as they relatively knew lord Vaemond and his mouth was that of serpent. Slithering enlightenment to entertain those that had befallen to mingling words of truth and lie. It would all soon spiral with the knowledge he had been gifted.

Looking back on it now, Frankly, wasn't the smartest acquisition one could suggest, but it was just in ruling for she could not bare another word that snake dare meander.

A husky voice deep with hoarseness sang between her ears, " Princess!" The appointed guard calls frantically—his voice that spoke of many years upon it. " Are you alright?" He hastily questions, faulting with guilt upon his features. A man of vast understanding and infinite patience, immediately recognized the chaotic panic in Vyselyra's hazel eyes.

The guard glances over the entirety of the young princess. His frantic gaze of brown then landed upon the subtle bruise forming around her forearm. Isen's face was short of an expression—a fine line poised for his lips said it all; eyes holding the wisdom of a soul that had tasted life's both bitter and sweet.

As the lone guards finger grazed across the risen skin—-the protector of White Harbor raised his eyes slowly, suspicion mounting upon them, to the prince of Dragonstone. But Jacaerys did not move to protest this as instead, he merely tightened his stance—-practically upset he would dare accuse.

Vyselyra noted this and moved to intervene before it heated more. As much as she'd love to see the prince suffer, Vyselyra found herself speaking on Jacaerys's behalf. "Yes, I am now." Her words ceased momentarily, noticing neither man was fazed by the words she spoke. Typical...Exhausted and frustrated, Vyselyra pushed Isen's hand away with some force.

Once fully regaining Isen's attention, only then Vyselyra felt it necessary to proceed, " There was a rather distasteful moment shared with Vaemond, but Jace helped me." Her words spoke of sternness towards the man, whom without much thought, placed the blame upon Jace—-merely because of the unjust lies that were centered around his birth.

Vyselyra meekly smiled upon her set comment, before her eyes flickered over to Jace. Unfamiliar emotions churned like wild rapids inside her heart, threatening to drown her in their fury. Rounding her sight back upon a rather perplexed guard. The man then merely nodded—but by the looks of it, he wasn't all along. His choose in stance spoke of absolute uncertainty—-yet no words dare escape to express his feelings.