Chapter 4

The walk to Malfoy's house was shorter than Hermione had expected, it was only a 5-minute walk from the bookstore and another 5-minutes walk to her home. She smiled looking at how nice the house was, slowing down a bit to admire the hydrangeas behind the picket fence.

Scorpius raced ahead, leaving the two adults. Draco paused, waiting for Hermione to catch up, "You caught them at their best state...I'll have to prune them soon since the weather will be getting chillier."

Hermione gave him an amused look, "Since when did Draco Malfoy do gardening?"

The man shrugged, plucking one from the stem and handing it to her. Hermione smiled, accepting the flower and smelling it, "Little do you know, hydrangeas are my favorite flower, and you Sir, specifically have oakleaf hydrangeas growing on your front lawn. When the weather will get colder, they'll slowly turn pink or perhaps a deep red or golden orange color. "

A ghost of a smile appeared on Draco's face and left as quickly as it came, "Let's head inside now, I've got dinner in the oven. Luckily your bookshop is nearby, otherwise, I would've worried about it burning."

She nodded her head and quickly followed him. He held the door open for her and closed it after entering, "I'll give you a quick tour of the house, make sure you close your mouth when we get to the furthest room to the right." He made his famous smirk.

The house looked smaller on the outside compared to the inside. There was a winding staircase leading to a second-floor, high ceiling that allowed anyone from the living room to see the second-floor hallway, no walls separated the living room, dining room, or kitchen areas. The further into the first floor of the house you go, you'll notice an indoor jacuzzi and entertainment area to the left, and what looks to be a grand library/make-shift party area to the right.

Hermione felt Draco pick up her jaw and shut her mouth, he sighed, "Looks like I had to do it for you."

She quickly turned to him, "This place is amazing! I wish my house was this cool...I'll have to go into town sometime to buy some statement decors for my personal library..."

Draco's eyebrows furrowed, "You have a house nearby?"

She put on a smile that didn't entirely reach her eyes, "Yeah...ever since Ron and I divorced, I've decided to resign from my job at the Ministry and live here in the Muggle Realm as a bookshop owner. It's actually a 5-minute walk from this house."

Draco nodded his head, "I'm sorry to hear that."

She shook her head, processing what sounded like his second ever apology to her, "You know you're making it rather hard for me to comprehend that you're...you. The way you talk, your demeanor...you've really changed so much these past 5 years."

He scoffed, "I sure would've hoped so..."

Hermione gave him a curious look, causing the man to cough into his fist and look away, uncomfortable under her studying gaze.

"So," she spoke, trying to make casual conversation, "Why and when did you move to the Muggle Realm?"

Before he could respond, the pitter-patter of feet quickly followed their voices and found them in the large library-like room. Scorpius announced, "I am a growing boy in need of food!"

Both adults smiled at him, his father rolled his eyes, and picked him up, "Alright then, we gotta feed you so much food, fatten you up, and then the wicked witch beside us can eat you for dinner!"

The little boy looked at his father and Hermione in horror, "Miss Hermione, you wouldn't really eat me....would you?"

The woman quickly swatted Draco's shoulder, earning a chuckle from the man. She faced his son, "No I wouldn't dare eat a wonderful growing boy like you...thought I have thought to roast your father alive from time to time."