Chapter 20 (Epilogue)

"...And the Gryffindor Princess and the Slytherin Prince lived happily together. The End."

Hermione closed the book as she smiled down at the baby sleeping in her arms. She tucked the book under her armpit, and placed one gentle kiss on the infant's head before slowly settling her into the crib.

After a few moments, she made sure the baby monitor was on, and quietly exited the nursery. She checked to make sure Scorpius was also sleeping soundly in his room before making her way down to the library, and finding a man sitting on a large dark green loveseat.

He looked up from his book and smiled at her, opening his arms to signal for her to come cuddle with him. She chuckled and happily obliged, sighing with content as the man wrapped his arms around her, and held her close.

She placed her book onto a nearby coffee table, and asked him, "What novel do you have there?"

"The Pearl by John Steinbeck, it's truly a good read. Though I bet you've read this already." Draco grinned before placing his book beside hers on the table.

Hermione nodded and snuggled back into his embrace, "Oh definitely, a story about a pearl diver, striking rich with finding a giant pearl, and having to evade dangerous situations due to having such a coveted treasure at the risk of his wife and baby's safety...I've read that story numerous times over the years as it still affects me after each read."

He eyed the book she placed on the table, "I see Weaslette must have had fun in making our exaggerated love story into a book for Scorpius' birthday gift. Did he lend it to you to read to Lyra-Rose?"

She gave him a pointed look, "It's Potter now, and after he was done reading it, yes. Although..." she chuckled before continuing, "...he said even he could write better fan fiction than her."

Draco shrugged, "He's a Malfoy, he'll be great in anything he sets his mind to...and with your guidance, he'll be even better than 2nd best."

She laughed and stole a few kisses from his lips. He sighed happily before his eyes caught the books again, and whispered into her ear, "I would trade millions of giant pearls if it meant keeping you and our children safe beside me forever."

She rolled her eyes and teased, "Your children won't be staying with you forever you know. Scorpius will probably grow up to have his own adventures and legacy, and little Lyra-Rose will eventually do the same. Perhaps she might even marry and take up another family name."

Draco's nose scrunched up in disgust and shook his head, "No. They're our babies, we'll never let them go, and I'll do my best to keep any boy cooties away from my precious little girl."

Hermione laughed as he nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck, "I'll let you get away with saying that for now considering they're not even in their double digits of age yet, but when the time comes, you'll have to accept and encourage their independence. If Lyra-Rose will be anything like me, she'll definitely fight you for it."

He sighed, resting his chin on her shoulder as he hugged her tighter, "You're right...so...what about you?"

A small grin began to tug on the edges of her lips, "What about me?"

His lips hovered over the skin on her neck, "Stay beside me...forever."

She turned her head, her warm chocolate eyes meeting his cool silver ones, "...I'll think about it."

He groaned as she laughed, leaving his embrace to place the books back to their usual spots in the library, the Muggle way.

He got up from the loveseat and began following her like a lost puppy. She shook her head in amusement as she continued to make her way around the library, manually rearranging the books, and acting oblivious to his sulking and trailing.