Chapter 24

• • •

• • •

"Slow down, you crazy child,

You're so ambitious for a juvenile."

• • •

A few days had passed, yet Michael was getting his feet further under the table as Harry started to fade into the shadows, drinking more and keeping to herself.

• • •

Payday came around fast as Harry snuck off early while Isiah stayed behind to help Michael finish work, much to her annoyance. However, this made the drink even more appealing as she attempted to drown her mind.

By the time she had got to the Garrison to meet Isiah and Finn, she was four whiskeys and one pint down, which was a lot for her petite body to handle. But surprising to most, she could still walk in a semi-straight line; it was her mind that couldn't. 

"Harry!" Isiah cheered as she emerged into the private nook, smiling at Isiah and Finn. Her mood instantly dropped as she locked eyes with her 'cousin'. 

"What you two been up to?"  Harry aimed at Isiah as she noticed the grazed knuckles on both his and Michael's hands.

"Some idiots at the Marquis of Lorne". Michael announced as Harry turned to him with a glare.

"I asked Isiah." She spat out.

"Cool it, Harry, he's alright. Your brothers' have gone to sort it."

"Pity", Harry muttered.

"We put up a good fight, though!" Michael exclaimed proudly, desperately trying to prove himself as part of the family.

"What you took them on, did'ee." Harry chuckled sarcastically with a roll of her eyes.

"What you trying to say?" He fired back, hurt lacing his voice.

"Nothing just pegged you more as a 'pansy' lad with your lil' dickie tie?" Harry's snide remark took the lad aback.

"Harry..." Isiah tried to diffuse the situation as Finn watched, enjoying the entertainment.

"I bet I could take you in a fight easy." She confidentially stated, wanting nothing more than to put him in his place.

"As if."

"Well, come on then, let's put it to the test," Harry taunted.

"Harry, don't," Isiah tried again, yet to no avail.

"What too much of a mummy's boy... Oh wait, touchy subject," She chuckled with a smirk, earning a snicker from Finn as Michael stood up, clenching his jaw. He stepped towards her as Isiah jumped up, putting his arms between the two.