Two

Two | Dangerous Violets

I had to admit, applying for a job at Arbor Coast was one of my best ideas

I had to admit, applying for a job at Arbor Coast was one of my best ideas. The campus was large, and not to mention, beautiful. There were large, green birch trees that decorated the campus, and a huge, green hill where plenty of students would hangout between classes. I admired the natural beauty of every square inch. Looking back on my college campus (at Cleary University), I realized that it didn't even compare to that of Arbor Coast. Here, it was much more stunning and pleasing to the eye. Not so bland and dull.

I had been teaching for a week, and it was finally Friday, which I was very thankful for. I wasn't used to working so much since I had just gotten out of college, and already the transition was proving to be a bit rough.

The bell rang and my 4th-period class ended. I was looking forward to some downtime, including my lunch break, until I saw a silhouette outside my door. I mentally groaned, hoping that it wasn't a student needing assistance. And to my luck, it wasn't a student who walked through the door, but my roommate Jason.

"Hey dude," Jason said, making his way over to my desk and taking a seat on one of the tables in the room. "Ok, so I don't mean to barge in, and I really hope you don't have another class coming because I'm gonna talk to you about this party thing, and I don't want any high schoolers over hearing. Unless the dude throwing it invited them or whatever."

"Go for it," I said, stacking the papers of my class lists as I listened.

"There's this party tonight and it's at this old house, and it's supposed to be really awesome. And dude, there will be a bunch of hot chicks, too," he finished, wiggling his eyebrows in a creepily suggestive manner.

"Hot chicks? Wow, how could I resist?" I said sarcastically. "You know I can't. I've got papers to grade, teacher stuff to do. Sorry, Jason."

He rolled his eyes. "Please, Otto. I know you, and you like to procrastinate a lot. You aren't grading those papers until Monday morning. It's Friday, you've got time."

"No. I'm starting fresh with this job, Jason. I'm grading the papers tonight," I argued.

But Jason never took no for an answer. "Actually, you're coming to the party or else I'll tell all of your colleagues and students about that one time, when you-" I didn't let him continue on with that sentence and interrupted him instead. Trust me, you do not want to know where he was going with that sentence.

"Okay, okay. What the hell is your problem, Jason? It's just a bloody party!" I tried to keep a straight face when I said that, but I couldn't. Jason and I had an inside joke where we would put on our best British accents and act like fools for some reason. There was no point to it. It was just boys being idiots.

"And a bloody good party it will be!" Jason yelled in an awfully mimicked British accent. He lowered his voice and said, "Alright, I'll see you at the party then." He winked and then left the classroom.