Forty-Two

Otto had lavishly fucked us over this time

He was dumb enough to continue to get into relationships with women, and then fall in love with them. Each time, I had to put an end to his stupidity. The first time it went wrong was with Jolene, but this time it ended even worse.

Now, I actually had to face jail time. How fucking inconvenient for my yearly plans.

I had listened in closely when Otto was testifying, and after hearing how feeble he was as he spoke made me furious. But it woke me up, making me realize that Otto couldn't handle being placed in jail. He wouldn't be able to live in that sort of environment for 5 years.

But I could.

As Otto left the courtroom, that was when I started my severance with Otto's personality. He tried to fight me, but it was so easy to overtake him, as he was even weaker than usual following the trial. He was weaker after witnessing Harrison in complete distress, feeling pity for her.

I felt nothing for her. I remembered back to weeks ago when she visited Otto, expecting to talk to him. Rather, she had been graced by my presence, and I would say I put on one hell of a show.

Now sitting in the claustrophobic cell, I could only think of one thing: Harrison needed to die. The overpowering lust to take a knife to her throat and watch her bleed out before my eyes was so embossed into my mind. I beamed just thinking about the visual, and the gruesome yet lovely picture I would be able to take to add to my collection. That is, if my collection of photographs still existed. If my fucking masterpiece that was my book had been preserved.

Jolene was the only prospect I had for that, and I never imagined myself being in such a situation.

Jolene surprised me during her testimony, as I watched through the eyes of Otto, waiting ever so patiently to seize Otto's body. She was the person who could have sent me to jail for the rest of my life, but she had done quite the opposite. Jolene ended up being the reason for my sentence reduction. I admit, I was beyond perplexed. I mean, you try to kill a woman, and you expect her to want to get revenge, not to save you.

But Jolene saved me, or rather, she saved Otto. I knew she would become a valuable resource when I would be emancipated from jail.

She would help me finish what I started: putting an end to Harrison's life. And I would attain my goal if it was the last thing I ever did. Otto wouldn't be able to stand in my way ever again. I would make sure of that.

In 5 years time, Harrison Woods would be dead.

Call it revenge. Call it how things were meant to be.

•••