4: "That shit slaps."

Dany

While Davie was getting interviewed, the rest of us were listening in. He was doing great and we're proud of him.

"He has his fidget box, right?" Jaya asks and I nod.

"He's had it since breakfast. Though, I think it's the fact Mum has Skittles," Jes jokes and I chuckle lightly.

That boy loves those things.

When the director asked what means the most to him, his answer made me put a hand over my heart. I actually love how close he is with her. We know he'll protect her from anything.

He's close to all of us, but when it comes to his Bubba, we don't exist.

Joking, of course.

Soon, Davos stands up and kisses her on the cheek. From here, she looked about ready to cry.

I sigh, lowkey missing my own mother. I used to be like Davie before I got closer to 13. We still do things together, but I'm not under her like before.

Just then, Davos approaches us eating Skittles happily, humming some song.

We all congratulated him and hug him. He did two interviews and did well in both.

"Good job, Davos," Jaya smacks his forwards hat down until it covered his eyes. "Hey!" He says, taking if off with a playful glare.

I put a hand on my big little brother's shoulder. "You're doing really good, Davos. We're so proud of you," I smile and the others join in. He looks down, hiding a smile.

"Thanks, y'all."

Seconds later, Mum walks over, spotting me. "Your turn, Dan," she says and I nod, making sure my hair and the light make up I wore was perfect.

My first interview was when Mum was pregnant with Davos.

I remember I heard them talking about back in the days and Mama said "Fuck Syco" and I repeated that. I was dubbed the Sassy Star.

(The paps have nicknames for all of us; The twins are the Strutting Stars, JP is the Singing Star, and Davos is the Shy Star. Cute, right?)

I was just as sassy as I am now.

I take another look in the mirror before heading to the living room.

———
"Would you say your full name, age and pronouns?" Director man asks.

I shoot the camera my charming smile. "My full name is long as shit," I chuckle. "But it's Daenerys Raine Ameli Gomez Y/N Estrella," I say and everyone's eyes widen, making me laugh.

"My uncles on Star's side, my Mama, and my older cousin Li'l Karl came up with it. Notice the acronym, though. Ma knew what she was doing," I raise my eyebrows twice and Lady Producer chuckles, "I noticed."

The other adults laugh along before getting on with the interview.

"Anyway, I just turned 13 last week and I'm gender-fluid, but I'm feeling like she/them pronouns today."

"Who's your favorite music artist?"

"Jaden Perry," I say obviously and with no hesitation. Not just because he's my brother, but he has really good music; he makes all kinds of music and experiments a lot.

"What's your favorite song?"

"Definitely I Thought You Wanted To Dance with Tyler, the Creator and Fana Hues. That shit slaps. Ace from his Room 25 EP with Smino and Saba. That shit slaps. Don't Play featuring Ozzie slaps. Ummm, and his cover Your Love by our mommas. There's more, but I'd be here all day," I end with a small laugh.

I noticed he asked what was my favorite song, but you can't ask a melophile that.

"People are critical of the fact your parents let you swear," Director man asks and I wave my hand. "Because they're just words. Fuck, shit, bitch, ass... as long as we don't cuss at our parents, we're good. Plus, this is gonna be on Netflix," I say, letting my diva show.

And I'm not wearing my shade-proof shades.

Though, they seemed to just shrug it off. Because I'm right. "Okay, other than art, what's a hidden talent of yours?" Last Producer asked.

"I can act a little," I offer. "Can you show us?" I nod and clear my voice. "This is from my favorite show," I say before getting in character.

"NO, YES, FUCK IT! I AM IN LOVE WITH NATE JACOBS AND HE IS IN LOVE WITH ME AND DONT YOU FUCKING GIVE ME THAT LOOK MADDIE BECAUSE I DIDNT HAVE FUCKED YOUR BF!! YOU TWO HAVE BROKEN UP FOR 3 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS BEFORE WE EVEN HAD SEX SO I DIDNT BETRAY YOU! PLUS YOU ARE TERRIBLE FOR EACH OTHER ! AND YOU KNOW IM RIGHT AND YOU GUYS CAN ALL JUDGE ME IF YOU WANT I DO NOT CARE! I HAVE NEVER, EVER BEEN HAPPIER!Aaannnd scene," I say, wiping my eyes since I make myself cry when I do that.

Everyone claps and a different producer man then says, "I looove Euphoria. Season 3 was crazy."

"Right?! But season 5 was fucked up," he nods in agreement then we start wrapping up the interview.

"What means the most to you?" I smile softly, looking back to see everyone standing close by. Except for Jaden, who was still napping.

"My family, music and art. Can't imagine a day without any of them."

———
*Jaden Perry's music (also a dip into my Shit I Keep On Repeat playlist 😂)