Chapter 2

You left your house and sent a picture of you wearing your uniform to Kenma and Kuroo as you walked. Realizing that you still had extra time, you decided to stop at a nearby coffee shop that you've been wanting to check out. You pulled your AirPods case out of your blazer pocket and held it open next to your phone until the screen said that it had connected. Once seeing the notification, you took out the AirPods one at a time and slipped them under your hair and into each ear. After making sure they were secure, you entered your phone password and opened Spotify. Unpausing your morning coffee playlist, you lifted your head at the sound of a car passing by. You began skipping down the sidewalk to the beat of the music playing in your ears.

After a few minutes and more skipping, you arrived at the coffee shop and pulled open the door as a bell rang overhead.

And the cashier looked up to see you at the door and shouted "Welcome!" You tapped the left Airpod twice to pause your music and walked up to the counter. 

You walked over to the counter with a smile, not wanting to look intimidating. 

"How can I help you?" the cashier asked cheerfully. You scanned the menu above her head.

After a few moments, you decided what you wanted. "Hmm, I'll have a *insert favorite drink*, please." You directed your attention back to the cashier as you stated your order.

The cashier beamed with delight. "Good choice! Your drink will be out soon at the end of the counter." She pointed to the other side of the cafe where there was another open counter space. 

You thanked the cashier with a smile and headed in that direction and she was right, your drink was handed to you just a moment after stepping in front of the counter. 

After receiving your drink, you left the coffee shop. You heard a "Thanks for coming! Have a great day!" as you walked out. Taking a sip of the iced coffee, you smiled with pleasure. You instantly knew that you would be going to that coffee shop more often. They had great customer service and they were quick. 

You double-tapped your left Airpod again to unpause your music and your happiness was boosted. The delicious drink, the happy music playing, and the sound of morning rush hour was the best combination for you. 

In a great mood, you continued your journey to your new school, completely forgetting how nervous you were less than 10 minutes before. Well, until you arrived. You had finished your drink and dumped it in a trash can on the side of the pathway to the school. You couldn't hear the busy streets as well from here so all you had was your music. But that wasn't enough to support your good mood that was now depleting. You saw many other teenagers walking in and out of the school, hanging out on the benches or in the grass. All of them wearing the same uniform as you. It's a good thing the school was pretty big so no one noticed that you were new. But you did get a few looks here and there. Probably because of the emotionless expression you had imprinted on your face at the moment. But you couldn't help that. You were nervous, anxious, worried, and scared. All at the same time and you couldn't just show that. That would be way too embarrassing to bear. 

You decided that you would ignore everyone around you and focus on listening to your music and finding the principal's office. Lucky for you, the principal's office wasn't far from the main entrance and it had a sign above the door to label its purpose. You entered the office and saw two women who looked about in their twenties, maybe early thirties. They both looked up at you with friendly smiles. You guessed they were secretaries. 

"Hello, are you one of the new students?" one of them asked. You mentally sighed with relief, you aren't the only new student. You subtly tapped to pause your music and nodded. 

"Yes, I am," you said, stepping closer to their conjoined desks. "Y/N L/N, second-year."

The other woman nodded as she flipped through a file drawer until she found yours. She handed you the folder. "This is your schedule, a map of the school, and a list of clubs you can join." She tapped the top of the folder as you held it with both hands. "You have two weeks to decide what club you're joining." 

You thanked them and left the office. Opening your folder, you read that you are in Class 2-1. Pulling out the school map, you begin to search for your classroom. 

You look up from the map at a classroom door. Next to the door is a sign that reads "Class 2-1". You take a deep breath and slide it open. The teacher then turns to you with a raised eyebrow until the realization hits her. 

"Hi, hello! You must be the new student, correct?" she asks you with a warm smile. You can hear the whispers from inside the classroom. "New student?" "Since when?" "Girl or boy?" 

You nod slightly and she motions for you to come in. You enter the room as requested and slide the door shut behind you. Feeling uncomfortable, you stand just a few steps away from the teacher. 

She puts a hand on your shoulder. "Why don't you introduce yourself and then sit in the back next to the window?" You nod and take a deep breath.

"I-I'm Y/N L/N, nice to meet you." Your ears go bright red from all the eyes locked on you and the embarrassment of stuttering. You quickly go to the back of the room and sit at the desk closest to the window. 

You secretly unpause your music and spend the rest of the class staring out the window, forgetting everything around you and swirling into your own world. 

Until you feel a tap on your shoulder. You shiver at the sudden touch and whip your head around to see who had tapped you. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger!!! 

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter because I enjoyed writing it! 

All of you have a great day! <3