Chapter 4

You locate your locker about twenty minutes before lunch hour ends. Checking the combination on your schedule, you turn the combination lock and open your locker. Inside it, you see a textbook for each of your classes. You had paid no attention during your previous English and literature classes, only figuring out which classes they were from your schedule. After another skim of your schedule, you took out your math and science textbooks knowing that you would probably just stare out the window again. But you have to at least look like you are following along right? 

With your two textbooks and schedule in your school bag and locker locked, you made your way back to your homeroom classroom. With ten minutes left of lunch hour, you pull your bento box out of your bag and take your seat. Popping open your can of taro boba, you take a long swig and chew the tapioca as you set the can back down. You continue to eat your lunch as the halls begin to fill with the sound of laughter and chatter. You finish about half your lunch when your classmates spill into the room. Quickly closing your bento box and slipping it back into your bag, you settle yourself and pretend to have been staring out the window the whole time. Lucky for you, nobody seems to notice you, much less acknowledge you. "Mission complete."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It is now the end of the school day and your stomach is about two and a half seconds from causing an earthquake. You quickly grab your things and bustle out of the room before the rest of your classmates and speed-walk down the hall to your locker. Placing your textbooks inside, you close your locker, lock it, and make your way to the nearest school exit. 

You know full well what the end of a school day is like, and would prefer to be outside of the school before all hell breaks loose. It was going well, there were only a few students in the halls, the occasional person at their locker probably trying to avoid any sign of chaos as well, but, of course, we can't let you have the easy way out. 

Subconsciously, your speed walk had turned into more of a jog and into a leisure run. And running in the halls is not allowed. 

"Ack!" you cry out, falling backward onto the floor. You rub your forehead and look up at the person. "Sorry," you say, without meeting his eyes. 

He looks down at you with an apologetic look. "Oh no, I'm sorry," he says, taking the blame as well as your hand. He pulls you off the ground and you dust yourself off. "You're not hurt, are you?" 

*Holy boba, he's tall.*

"Um, yeah, uh, thanks," you bow to him, awkwardly. 

He sticks his hand out in front of you and you stare at it as you straighten yourself. "I'm Atsumu Miya. I'm in class 2-2. You?" You take his hand. 

"Y/N L/N. Class 2-1." 

"Oh, cool! My twin, Osamu, and our friend are in that class." 

You simply nod, having absolutely no idea what to say to that. 

"I haven't seen you before, are you new?" 

"Okay, this guy talks a lot." 

"Y-yeah, I just transferred." 

"Cool! Well, see you around! I have volleyball practice." He walks past you and waves as he disappears into the crowded hallway. 

You wave until he turns around and then you book it down the hallway, opposite from the crowd, and exit the school. There are even more people outside in the courtyard. You maneuver around couples, skaters, jocks, gossipers, and more. Finally, outside of the school fence marking the campus, you sigh of relief. First day is complete, only the rest of the school year to go. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I am so sorry for the huge wait! I've been so caught up in working on my other stories that I completely forgot about this one because it was at the bottom of my list. I hope this chapter was pleasing enough for you guys. Sorry if it kind of sucks, I ran out of motivation a few times. Please enjoy the rest of your days and feel free to read my other stories. I promise that they aren't as boring as this one! <3