Chapter 5

It has been a long, boring, and tiring first week of school. You've sort of made a friend. Atsumu, the guy you bumped into on the first day of school, saw you eating alone in your classroom during lunch hour and asked to join you. So he's been eating lunch with you. A few of his friends asked where he was and he said that he ate with you because you were alone. It made you happy to know that he cared. 

Finally, it is the weekend. And just as he promised, Kenma has brought Kuroo with him to your new apartment. You live alone but your parents pay the mortgage from America where their job moved them to be the managers at a new building in New York. That's why you had to move schools. There weren't any apartments available near Nekoma and your parents refused to intrude on the Kozumes. And so, you had to move and now you go to Inarizaki. 

Kenma and Kuroo have been to your apartment before when the Nekoma team came to help you move your stuff in. You had been Nekoma's volleyball team manager so they all volunteered to help you. It was nice to have the extra help, even if Yamamoto dropped half the boxes down the stairwell and made a mess of your clothes. 

You set up the Nintendo Switch in the living room of your apartment and set out three controllers on the couch: red, black, and pink. Next, you head into the kitchen, pull out multiple party-sized chip bags, and place them on the coffee table in front of the couch. Lastly, you take out a can of Monster Ultra Green, a bottle of HyVee Starbucks Frappuccino, and a can of strawberry-kiwi Celsius. Finally ready, you drop yourself down on the middle cushion of the couch and play games on your phone while you wait for Kenma and Kuroo. 

The doorbell doesn't ring. There isn't a knock at the door. No. There's a fucking rooster screaming in your doorway. 

"HEYYYY CHIBI-CHANNNNNNN!!!!" 

"You're so fucking loud, shut up." 

Your head whips around from the couch instantly. Seeing your cousin and his best friend, you leap off the back of the couch and land in Kuroo's arms. You snatch Kenma by the arm and yank him into the hug unwillingly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

After playing a few rounds of Mario Kart, you take a break to eat and talk. 

"So, how was your first day of school, Chibi?" Kuroo asks, popping off the cover of his store-bought Frappuccino. Kenma is silent but leans in slightly, interested. 

You shrug, opening your Celsius. "It was fine, I guess. I found my class okay and met someone."

"Oh?" Kuroo wiggles his eyebrows. "A someone." 

"Yeah, he wouldn't really be considered a friend since we just met, but yeah. He was pretty cool."

"HE?" Kuroo's jaw drops while Kenma's tightens. "I was joking about the someone thing, I swear!" Kenma glares at him, willing him to shut up. You tilt your head to the side in confusion. 

Kenma turns to you with a soft, yet scary smile. Except it's only scary to anyone that isn't you. "Tell me more about this... person." Kuroo shudders at his voice. 

"Well... he had blonde-dyed hair with dark roots. He was pretty tall too. I think he said his name is Miya," you say, doing your best to remember the boy's features. 

Kuroo whips his head toward Kenma with wide eyes but Kenma is looking down at his phone. You look back and forth between the two in confusion, waiting for one of them to say something when Kenma suddenly shoves his phone in your direction. 

"This him?" 

You lean away from the phone so the screen isn't as blinding and you can actually make out what it is. Well, it turns out to be a picture of the boy you were just talking about. Except in a volleyball uniform. 

"Yeah, that is him. I didn't know he played volleyball." Your eyes sparkle a bit as you mention the sport. 

Kenma retracts his arm and studies the picture. "Yeah, he's one of the country's top setters. Tora hates him." 

"Why?"

"Because he gets all the girls." 

Kuroo cackles as you process. Kenma waves his hand, putting his phone face down on the coffee table. 

"Doesn't matter, let's play Smash Bros."

"AW, YEAH!!

"Shut up, Kuroo." 

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the super long wait! I know I haven't updated this story since, like, last school year. But it's really because I had no ideas and I had requests for other stories, but here it is! It's just a filler chapter but it's pretty entertaining in my opinion so I hope you enjoy it! 

<33