Chapter 1

It was just a nice and cold morning, it hadn't stopped raining since last night, but that of course, wont be stopping the students from coming to school.

Evan was getting ready for school, he took a black and white striped sweater along with blue jeans, "Just the normal ones.." he said, he needed to buy new clothes.

As he finished up, he was trying to change the bandages on his arms, before suddenly someone knocked on his door."Evan? Wake up!! We're gonna be late!" Elizabeth yelled from outside the door.

"Ah, just a minute!" Evan yelled back, he quickly finishes up bandaging his arms and grabbed his bag, opening the door and was greeted by his little sister, who seemed extremely angry.

"Come on! I already had breakfast and you didn't! Now we're gonna be late!!" Elizabeth said as she ran down the stairs to the kitchen, along with Evan following behind her. "Ah! Evan I packed your breakfast, eat it at school or else you'll be late" Mrs.Afton said as she gave Evan a packet of food.

"Thanks mom, dont worry, I'll make sure to get to class quickly" Evan said as he kissed his mother's cheek and took an umbrella before being dragged by Elizabeth outside the door. "Geez Liz! Come on just calm down-" Evan said, "No!! I wanna get there first so the teacher would give me a gold star" Elizabeth replied with a pouting face.

"They still give gold stars to ten year olds-?" Evan chuckled, "yea! And I like them" Elizabeth smiled. As the two ran in the rain, it didn't take too long for them to reach the school. Well, atleast, Elizabeth'a school. "Alright now you behave in class, and if anyone bullies you or a boy touches you, what do you do?" Evan asked, Elizabeth giggled and said "I kick them in the no no square!".

Evan chuckled at his sister and hugged her before letting her go, now he had to go to his school, alone. Michael got sick all of a sudden and could skip, so it was just Evan.

-Evan's POV-

'Hm, just another cold rainy day, with just me, myself and I', I sighed as I continued to run to school even though it was dangerous to keep on running, since the floor was quite slippery. But that didn't stop me from wanting to get to school quickly.

After a few minutes of running I was finally there and the front gate, "took you long enough" someone said, I look over to the tree and there was Cassidy, "What the- Cassidy why are you just out here in the rain?" I asked, "waiting for you duh, plus Sammy isn't here yet, so I'm lonely" she replied.

"Am I practically just your last choice? Because, everytime Sammy is around you just leave me and go with your little BoYFRiENd" I teased her, "what?! No! Sammys not my boyfriend- ew!!" She looked at me in disgust, It was true though, Cassidy was more into girls, than boys.

"Hehe, alright now, lets hurry up and get inside before-", "move weirdo." A voice said as I was pushed aside, "Aaron stop it." Another voice said, I looked at my side and saw the Melvin twins. Which of course, were Allison and...Aaron.

"You really need to stop being so rude to people, just tell them to move aside politely will you?" Allison said, "like hell I would! Especially to this guy." Aaron replied as he looked at me with hatred, seems like he had a rough morning. "Actually I-" I was about to speak before suddenly, Cassidy dragged me inside and brought me to a corner.

"What are you thinking?! Facing that guy as if you could reason with him?!" Cassidy said, "oh come on, I've done it millions of times, I'm fine." I chuckled before Cassidy held my arm, "mhm..sure." she replied, I went silent, suddenly I heard people whispering by. Ah..its those people again, they'd often whisper about me seeing things or talking to literally no one, but Cassidy is just right here, what are they talking about?!

"Dont mind them, they're just idiots, I'm here." Cassidy said, I looked back at Cassidy and just chuckled, "I know you are".

-Third person POV-

It had been a few minutes after the bell rang, all the students had to get to class and Evan had a bit of 'business' at the back of the school so now he was rushing to get to his class. As he was running, someone suddenly grabbed him and pulled him aside, "ah sh!t, what do you want..?" Evan said as he looked at the person infront of him, it was Aaron.

"Oh nothing, just meeded to see if you finished my homework" Aaron chuckled, Evan sighed and took out the homework from his bag before giving it Aaron, "I double checked the answers and made sure they were right. So dont bother me for the rest of the day.." Evan said, Aaron was looking at the paper and smiled, "guess you really aren't THAT useless." Aaron replied.

The smile on Aaron's face made Evan saw another side of him, he always thought, 'has Aaron ever smiled genuinely?'.

Maybe he could make him do that one day.

(End of chapter 1)
(892 words)