Chapter 4: Fear the Nightmare Heart

Here's chapter 4:
_______________________________________

Rem was afraid, the fear in her eyes were evident of that.

The Pantherian was currently sitting on the bed within the room she and Shera had rented.

The poor girl was shaking like a leaf as you loomed over her, your glowing red eyes only adding to her fear.

"Do not worry little kitten, I have no intention of harming you." You assured. "However, you have a secret and as your master I demand you tell me what it is."

"I-I...I don't want to." Rem stated turning away from you making you let out a sigh.

You once again hooked your finger into the hoop of her chain collar and made her turn to look at you.

"Must I remind you of this?" You asked firmly. "I could just command you to tell me your secret right now and there's nothing you could do to stop me."

Rem's eyes widened when she realized you were right, with just one command you could make her spill everything.

She was completely at your mercy, she always has been the moment that collar appeared on her.

She was only now just realizing it.

"But I'm not going to do that." You stated surprising her.

She was even more surprised when she felt a gentle hand being placed upon her head.

She looked up and saw you giving her kind smile.

"I understand we got off on the wrong foot and I am asking a lot right now, but as of right now, you are a member of my Troupe." You explained in a gentle tone. "As the leader of the Troupe, I need to know if there is a problem with those who serve me so that I may help them so the Troupe will remain strong."

"Me and Shera are only temporary members, so why..." She tried to reply only to be silenced by you placing a finger over her mouth.

"That doesn't change the fact that you were once part of my Troupe and in my eyes that also makes you a friend." You explained before gently patting her on the head making her let out a surprised gasp. "Whatever your secret may be, you will remain my friend, I will not judge you and if I can help you in anyway I promise me and my Troupe will help you out."

Rem had no idea what to say, you seemed so genuine right now, your eyes, your voice and your demeanor was far from the creep she had met earlier.

"If I tell you...will you still like me?" She asked meekly, though loud enough for you to hear.

"Hm?" You asked tilting your head.

"Even if it's worse than what you're thinking, you promise you won't run away?" She asked again hopefully.

You were about to laugh it off and tell her it was a ridiculous question to ask and of course you'd accept her, but you could see how much your response would mean to her.

So you'd answer her seriously and sincerely.

"Of course, as leader of the Grimm Troupe and your friend, I promise no matter what for as long as both of us live, I will not abandon you." You assured before rising and giving her a bow to seal the deal.

That was the first time Rem had heard anyone say that to her and it made her heart swell with joy.

So much so that tears began welling up in her eyes and she began sniffling.