Chapter 5: Joining the Guild

For those who have been waiting patiently, thank you and here you go.

It's not easy thinking up scenarios for the Reader to be in and how to change some story beats.

Again thanks for being so patient with me and I hope you enjoy it.
_______________________________________

You let out a yawn as you exited the Grimm Troupe tent.

"That was surprisingly comfortable." You muttered as you stretched your arms. "Never knew Bats had it so good sleeping upside-down."

"Good morning Master." Came the deep voice of Brumm as he bowed respectfully, his staff in-hand.

"Good Morning Brumm." You greeted back rubbing your eyes. "Did anything happen while I was asleep?"

"Nothing of interest really." Your second-in-command replied casually and you nodded standing up straight.

"Well, today is the day I am to sign up to the Adventurer's guild with Rem and Shera, I know you and Divine will keep the tent safe so I have nothing to worry about." You stated placing a hand on Brumm's shoulder.

"Naturally Master." Brumm confirmed with a small bow.

With that you nodded and began walking towards Faltra City.

Once you were far away and out of earshot, the oh so familiar chuckle of Divine rung out from the second tent making Brumm turn and face the tent.

The Termite woman slithered out of the tent.

"Are you not going to tell Master what happened last night with those Mages?" She asked with a smirk.

"It is something he does not need to concern himself with." Brumm replied. "Besides, I spoke to Celeste, explained the situation and she understands so Master need not worry about the Mage Association coming for his head."

"I'm just sad you tore away my snack Brumm." Divine said with a pout while crossing his arms.

"Letting you eat that fool would have entailed consequences for all of us." Brumm argued and Divine sighed.

"You're right, and I suppose devouring such a pathetic being would have been more unpleasant for me than it would have been for him." She chuckled backing up back into her tent.

"Somehow I doubt that." Brumm muttered under his breath as he rolled his eyes.

Back with you:

You let out another yawn as you made your way back to Faltra City and to the Peace of Mind inn to get the 2 girls you were currently stuck with.

As you made your through the city you noticed something rather strange.

Species of all kind were roaming around.

Pantherians, Elves and even Demons...but no humans.

"Strange, humans were the most common species in Cross Reverie." You thought holding your chin.

The only thing you could come up with was that Faltra City was some sort of sanctuary for Demihumans from the more racist humans.

Or maybe most humans just didn't want to live among them.

It made the most sense, humans in this world were no different from the ones back on Earth.

They just couldn't get along with anything, not even other humans.

Honestly it was just sad.

But what can you do?

You entered the Peace of Mind Inn to get Shera and Rem and if you needed to, wake them up.