Chapter 5

Now at our 'hangout' the last activity I had to do away from home today. Possibly

"Hey, Belle, why do you look so tense? Did Gaston do anything to you?" She asks with concern in her eyes.

I giggle "No he didn't do anything to me. More like he did something to my friend" I answered her with a sigh.

Luckily, Gaston isn't here yet. Which was a good thing for us, we got more time to talk about things we would never talk about around a boy.

"He picked on my friend for talking to me because I'm his 'wife' and I think it was very mean. So I'm going to ruin his feelings for me and anyone else." I say putting up air quotations with my fingers when I say 'wife'.

She laughs at that and we continue on with our previous conversation until Gaston gets here.

Today we were in a small cafe, you know, just to switch thighs up a bit and not have anything fancy. I would look like we were on a date, and I definitely DON'T want that.

"Hello Belle, Armoire, how are you both?" Gaston asks

"I'm fine Gaston, how are you?" Armoire says beside me.

"I'm doing alright now that I'm here with a bell! And you of course." He replied, staring at me.

"How are you, belle?" He asks with a glint in his eyes.

"I'm fine, but it's not necessary for you to know. Though, I hope you know that." I say with an eye roll.

He sighs and looks down just as the waiter calls for Armoire, and drinks.

I stand up with my head down making my way over to the counter to get our drinks.

"Belle?" I hear a familiar voice say. I snap my head towards the voice to see Adam.

"Oh, hello Adam! I didn't know you worked here." I say with excitement in my eyes, also surprised to see him.

"Yeah, I do but it's only part time. I don't work here often." He answered me with a ghost of a smile present on his face.

I just look at him grabbing our drinks.

"I never got your number." I say plainly putting the drink in my right hand in my arm and pulling out my phone.

Pulling up my contacts and pressing add a contact, I hand my phone to him and he punches his number in.

Once he's done, I put my phone back in my pocket and grab the drink in my arm.

"I already texted myself for you so you don't need to do it." He says averting his gaze.

"I'm going to text you when I get home. Have a good day and make money, Adam!" I walked away before he could say anything back to me. I guessed he thought about that because I just hear a faint 'goodbye belle' as I walk away.

I pass Armoire her drink as I sit down.

"Was that that, The Beast, you were talking to, Belle." I hear Gaston say in a low but threatening voice, though it's not towards me.

"Yes it was, Gaston. I don't think who I talk to is concerned about you. It's not like we're together, yes" I say looking away from him towards the last place Adam stood.

 "We're not, but we will be sooner or later!" He says with a grin on his face.

I look at him like he didn't even say anything and I start talking to Armoire.

...

When Armoire has to leave, I have to stay behind cause I want to ask Adam if he wants to hang out after his shift.

"Whoa, me and Belle alone. What a coincidence." He says looking at me with a sly grin.

Rolling my eyes and getting up from my seat, I make my way over the counter, hearing heavy footsteps behind me.

I turn around swiftly, to face Gaston. "Gaston, you need to get it through your head that I don't want you. I never will.Stop pressuring me about dating you. Especially around my friends. You'll just get humiliated more than you already are. So, you can go now. I don't want you to be here 'hanging' out with me anymore." I say putting air quotations around the world 'hanging'.

I don't necessarily want to say this in public, especially since there's still a large amount of people here and I would get second hand embarrassment from my own statement.

"Fine, Belle. But When you realize your feelings for me Ill be waiting for you." I hear him say behind me with his footsteps following after. He finally left.

I sigh and see Adam come from the back without his apron on. I wave to him and he walks over.

"Your shift is over, right?" I ask with a smile.

He nods "Yeah it is, do you need anything?" A question for an answer, as usual.

"I was wondering if you would like to hang out with me for a while. But not here." I say averting my gaze.

I hear his breath hitch and he stays silent.

 "I'll come, I have nothing better to do anyway." I hear him say

I smile and grab his hand and pull him outside.

"I wanted to go to the ice cream place not too far from here if that's okay with you." I say looking over at him trying to keep up with my pace.

"I would love to go as long as you slow down some. I'm not used to walking this fast all the time." He replies, slightly whining.

I giggle." I'm sorry, I didn't know I was walking too fast for you even though you did look like you were struggling over there." I say with a smile present on my face.

We stayed silent the rest of the way to the Ice cream shop, the only thing for us to know we are still in each other's presents, was the intertwining of our hands.

When we stopped in front of the ice cream shop, I let go of his hand and opened the door.

"Hello Belle!"