Chapter 7

The months before Christmas were very fun considering the time spent with Adam, Lumiere, and Armoire. The presentation for me and Lumiere's project went well and I got everyone to yell at Gaston saying "She doesn't want you and she never will! Stop pestering her!" It was the best thing that has happened in that class yet.

Now that Christmas is nearing, the school is planning a Christmas homecoming.

"So Belle. Who are you going with to the homecoming?" Lumiere asks just as he sits down in his seat.

"I don't think I'm going with anyone actually. I might not even go at all." I reply and look past Lumiere out the window.

"Awe, But my dear Belle. You have to go and fulfill your duties in your romantic life! Someone will ask you to go with them, just wait!" he says, throwing his hands into the air.

I giggle and heat rushes to my cheeks hearing the little nickname he always uses with me. I'm okay with it, though I'm still not used to it.

"What do you mean by 'romantic life'? I don't like anyone and I don't think anyone but Gaston will ask me. Don't get your hopes up Lumiere" I say rolling my eyes.

"Okay. I'll let you believe what you think. For now." He replies just as the teacher walks in the room.

Throughout the day all everyone talked about was homecoming. Or who they were going to vote for homecoming king and queen. It was all anyone talked about. Especially Lumiere. He talked about it every time I was with him. He also talked about my 'romantic life' or 'People were going to ask me'. It was horrible but I dealt with it.

"Belle, someone is going to ask you. So stop doubting yourself." He says as we stretch in our gym class.

"Lumiere. Is that all you're going to talk about? My romantic life." I ask, reaching my hands over my head.

"Yes this is all i'm going to talk about because though Christmas is the day of giving, It's also the day people come together, maybe even fall in love! And I love, love. Get it?"He replies jumping up and down.

"I don't but I'll shake it off eventually." I say back to him

I hear him sigh "Okay Belle, You WILL see what I'm talking about when he asks you." I look at him with a confused face.

Why did Lumiere say 'he'. Did he know someone who wanted to ask me out If he does, is it the reason why he keeps on pestering me about love or about people asking me to homecoming. If he knows, would he tell me?

...

"Hey, Uhm. Lumiere." I say trying to get his attention.

"Yes my dear Belle?" he replies as we sit down on the bleachers waiting for the teacher to dismiss us.

"I was wondering if you knew who wanted to ask me out." I bluntly say averting my gaze.

"Why would you,of all people. The girl who didn't think think anyone would ask her out, want to know?" He says. I can hear the smile in his voice.

"Well, you did mention it earlier, and I want to know what's coming, and who it's coming from." I say my head hung low.

"I can't tell you that, but I can tell you they've liked you for a while. I can only tell you that." He replies just as I lift my head.

"Oh, alright. I guess that's all I needed to know. I'm still disappointed that I didn't get the name" I say as an imaginary tear runs down my face.

Once we hear the teacher tell us to go I make my way to my class and Lumiere we to his.

Once I get to my last class it feels like it goes by in a flash and school is over.

I walk out of the school gates and when I spot Adam I walk over to him ready to go.

Me and Adam planned to go out today for something simple: A stroll in the park. Though it's something we do all the time, today they just set up the festival and we decided to go together.

"Ready to go?" He says getting off the wall he was leaning on

"Yep, I'm ready to go! Let's be on our way." I reply walking ahead of him

When he catches up we walk side by side carrying on with small conversations and comfortable silence.

"Adam." A hum comes from him as I call his name. "Are you going to ask someone to the homecoming dance?"

He abruptly stops which makes me stop and turn around a few feet ahead of him.

"Why'd you stop?" I ask

He just looks at me in shock like I asked the most personal question in the world.

"Are you okay?" I ask again, walking towards him.

"I'm fine Belle, It's just, why the sudden question?" He says shaking his head, probably to get his thoughts straight.

"Well, I wanted to know since you're my friend now. If you were going to ask someone out. If you are and you don't want to tell me that's fine. I don't mind." I say with a reassuring smile.

He just nods and we start walking to the festival once again.

It's cold outside and since the time has changed the sun is already starting to go down. Not enough for it to be behind the trees though. I spot lights of the festival ahead of me and I get excited.

"I can't wait to see the Festival! How about you Adam, are you excited?" I say turning towards him.

He looks down at me and nods "Yes I am, especially since i'm with you."

I look away from him as heat rises to my cheeks. My heart pounds so hard that I can hear it in my ears. I feel my hands start to shake but they are not cold. Why do I feel this when I'm around him? It must be just a stage, it'll pass over, I hope. Or do I?

"Were here" I hear his voice say from beside me.

I look up and I see Lights and I hear music ahead of me. This place is so beautiful. I'm glad I'm going to spend It with Adam, my friend