Chapter 6

"Hello Belle!"

I turned my head to see who the voice came from because it sounded like one person I did want to see right now. It would let up the awkwardness between me and Adam.

" Oh, Hello Lumiere! I knew you liked Ice cream but I didn't know you liked it so much that you would get a job dealing with it." I say eyeing the uniform he had on and remembering that he was eating ice cream almost the whole time we were on the phone during our project.

I see him roll his eyes. "I like it, yes. But this was the only job I could get. No one else wanted me." He says his tone getting lighter.

I see him look past me, probably seeing Adam, and he gives me a dirty look.

"Hello Adam, I didn't see you right there. How are you?" Lumiere asks

 "I'm fine." Adam's voice replies from behind me.

Lumiere nods and averts his gaze" So, what would y'all like. We have a bunch of weird stuff that I would never get but that's not the point." He says with a chuckle.

I giggle "I'll take cookie dough. Adam, what do you want?" I say turning to Adam, genuine curiosity in my eyes.

"Ah.. I'll have just plain vanilla." He replies, staring at the vanilla.

"I should have known, it's always vanilla for him. Anything else for you, my dear Belle?" Lumiere asks.

"No, that's all." I reply

I'm about to go through my bag and get money but Adam beats me to it and hands over a significant amount and gets little change back.

Once Lumiere hands us our ice cream, we go and sit in a corner of the store.

"You know I could have paid, Adam." I say shaking my ice cream at him.

"And you know I wouldn't have let you do that Belle." He replies

I laugh and we continue our conversation asking each other questions

"How are your grades? You seem smart." I ask him, finishing up my cone.

"I keep a 90 average in all of my classes so I guess I'm smart. That's what people say anyway." He answers sounding unsure about his statement. "How about you? I've heard from people that you're one of the smartest people in the school."

I pause. What have my grades been like for the past month? I haven't checked them and all of our graded assignments have been online.

"To be honest, I don't know. I haven't checked In a while. I've been so busy I haven't had the time to check." I answer looking out the window

"Well that's alright, You probably have better grades than me considering what people said about you."He says

"Well we don't know that but I'll take it." I say with a wide smile

A pink hue dusts Adams cheeks and he turns his head. "Are you okay Adam?

You're a bit tense." I say in a teasing manner.

His face turns a deeper shade of red and I let out a hearty laugh.

"We should go now, it's getting kind of dark outside, don't you think?" I say once my laughter dies down.

He simply nods and gets up. I follow in sync with him towards the door.

"See you Belle, Adam!" I hear Lumiere say. I just wave back to him as we walk out the door.

"So anywhere you would like to go before we end this lovely evening?" I say, laughing at myself.

"No, I can't think of anything. I can walk with you to your house if that's okay." he replies, jerking his head one way to get some of the hair out of his face.