Chapter 9

"So he finally asked you?" Lumiere asks, walking up to me.

I nod,"he asked me then I told him I would think about it cause I wasn't sure If I wanted to go at all." Should I tell him that I said yes later? Yeah I should.

"So you did give him an answer?" He asks

"I did," I say, holding my head up high with my eyes closed.

"And what did you tell him?" He says He says, eagerness in his voice.

"I said I would go with him." I reply, twisting a piece of my hanging hair around my finger.

"FINALLY. This is exactly why I told you that I love, love." he says with an enthusiastic look on his face.

When the teacher walks in and tells us to work on our project, Lumiere talks about what I should and shouldn't wear or what colors I would look best in. All while doing his part of the project. I don't know how he does it but I'm glad he gets it done.

"So Belle. Are you going to wear a long dress or a medium length one? I've heard that anything under the knee is allowed and anything above that and you'll get turned down." he explains to me.

I hesitate. I've never been fond of anything too fancy, and I told my father that I was going yet. So i'm not sure

"I think I would get a dress that goes past my ankles, maybe a ball gown? Is that what it's called?" I ask, looking down, fiddling with my hands.

"Yeah that's what it's called. I think you would look so pretty in it!" he replies, leaning his head back. "Why don't we go shopping this afternoon and get you a dress and yours truly, a suit. Yes?"

I nod and continues with my work

...

"Wow, my first time going somewhere other than school with belle! So exciting!" Lumiere says, pumping his fist in the air. I just laugh

Once we get to a store with dresses Lumiere picks me out to try on cause he's the 'best at fashion' as he says.

"Here belle try on there ball gowns! They look best with your skin and bring it out!" Eh says shoving a few dresses at me.

I give him a smug smile and walk into the dressing room. Lifting Up the first dress, I examine it. It's a pale purple with light flower designs going down to the right side of the waist.

I'll admit, Lumiere has good taste, but it's not really my style. I'll try it on just the likes of it.

When I walk out of the dressing room Lumiere just looks at me.

"The dress itself looks good, but it's not you. So I'm guessing the other purple one I gave you is not it. So try the gold one on!" He says pointing back at the dressing room.

I sigh and laugh but walk back into the room. I pick the gold dress up and look at it.

It's a voluminous off-the-shoulder tiered ball gown with layers of ruffles. My eyes light up seeing it, it was nearly the most perfect dress I've seen so far.

Trying it on and walking out of the dressing room to show Lumiere, all I did was step out and I heard a gasp.

My dear Belle! The girl of Adams dreams! This is the dress for you. We are definitely getting this one!" Lumiere exclaims, lifting his arms up in the air.

I giggle and change into my regular clothes. Once we buy the dress, we go and find Lumiere a suit, which is easy since all he wanted was a black one.

"Belle my dear, I've had a good time shopping with you! Hope we can do it again sometime soon!" Lumiere says as we walk home.

"Yeah I had a good time too." I say with a smile, looking up at him.

We walk the rest of the way with few small talk.

We approach my house and I say goodbye to him as we part ways.

Though I spend time with Lumiere, I still wonder why my heart pounds when I'm with Adam, even though he doesn't talk much, I feel like we have quite a connection through silence. I need to know more about things like this, I want to know more about him.

...

For the next few weeks, I spend time with my friends, but mostly Adam. We get to know each other well in this amount of time. By the time it's the twenty-third, my heart speeds up when he even spares me a glance. Or when our hands graze when we walk home. 

 When I'm with Lumiere, We have a lot of fun. I've finally gotten used to the nickname he uses for me, that's a relief. But now, since he keeps pestering me about the day of the homecoming dance I think I'll ignore him until I see him there.

Armoire is a good friend, though I don't see her much. Me and her still have good talks despite not talking much.

I enjoy all my time in my classes the day before and on the day of homecoming, but it feels like forever before it finally comes.

Gaston hasn't messed with me at all since the day I told him off in front of the whole cafe, and I'm glad. I'm glad that I don't have to deal with his blabbing everyday anymore about me marrying him. It was the most annoying thing I've ever experienced

Other than all my time with friends, and the time in my classes I can't wait until the dance.

I wonder what the dance is going to look like, I've never been to one so i think it might be exciting. The school decorators are very good at their job, so I think the decorations there will probably be exquisite, probably. I absolutely can't wait to see it for myself. with him