Hopeless Romantic

There was a girl I used to know in our school, and she was a hopeless romantic. A hopeless romantic who was hopeless in love. She was as hopeless as she was helpless. 

There wasn't a day she didn't dream of her happy ever after. She wanted love like in the movies, but she wasn't what people wanted to fall in love with. She took love seriously so it was no secret she was picky. They had a hard time understanding her quirks and demeanor because she knew what she wanted. She knew her worth and she knew herself. Yet this was never the problem. Everyone around her seems to think she didn't have time for it. People thought that love was a foreign word in her dictionary. They never bothered to even ask her, they assumed it on their own. Now she's picking up the pages to write her own story but no one wanted to write on her paper. They were all falling in love with others but her and she... was me.

No matter how much time I've wasted daydreaming about love, it's no use. I've waited and watered my heart till it grew, but no one was worthy enough to captivate my soul. No one even dared to approach the walls I've built. There was no prince charming to save me from my tower. 

So here I am, still a hopeless romantic who is patiently waiting for my turn to find the love that I think I deserve.